“Don't need my business.”
Review of Cosecha Restaurant

Cosecha Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: cosecha is fresh latin cooking with vineyard views. The name, Spanish for "harvest", reflects our location next to the harvest area where grapes are sorted and crushed at Noble Hill wine estate. Ingredients are grown on the farm where possible, and we maintain a thriving pepper and vegetable garden which you are free to explore during your visit.
Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't need my business.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I tried to book for 7 adults and 4 kids on Sunday. Told me group is to big. I told them children wil be seated seperately and order different. This is the lamest excuse to do business I have ever came apon.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Johan S
noblehill, Owner at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
While I appreciate your frustration, we do not take groups larger than 8 in total. I cannot respond to your review in any other constructive way as it does not represent a first-hand experience of our establishment. I am sorry that we can not accommodate a party of your size. We have a small kitchen and our experience bears out that we cannot effectively serve groups larger than 8. Please consider calling again when dining in a group of 8 or fewer.

Cape Town, South Africa
“Enjoyable but nothing to rave about”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We made a booking on their website,received a ref number but when we arrived,they had no booking for us.Fortunately there was a table open.Our starters were average and mains one good-the calamari and one average-chicken and black bean salad,which was overpriced.The desserts, a chocolate cake and strawberry cheese cake were very tasty and on the house because there was a Valentines weekend special.The parking is limited too.

1 Thank Sue53_11
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Sue, thank you for your message. I am sorry it seems you did not fully enjoy your visit to the restaurant, and I would like to make it up to you. We strive to really exceed guests' expectations, as noted in the other reviews on this page. If you would e-mail me (kristopher@noblehill.com) your booking reference number I can look into why you were told that we did not have a booking for you; we receive a number of online bookings every week and this is not a normal occurrence. As regards your meal, I hope you will come back as I do think that our menu offers good value and fresh and vibrant latin flavours. If you would like to discuss specifics of any of the dishes you ordered, please feel free to e-mail this as well.
Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa
“Lovely Picnic Venue”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food at Cosecha, but this time we decided to do the picnic for my daughter's birthday. The menu was different to the norm; no chicken liver pate and potato salad. This was delicious and interesting mediterranean fare with hot baguette and a lovely array of cheeses. We had a garden basket and a vineyard basket. The kiddies miniature baskets were also a wonderful surprise and delight for the children. There is plenty of space for the children to play and adults can indulge in a game of boulles or croquet

• Visited February 2013
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words about our picnics! We appreciate your custom and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
}���S��
“Well worth finding - you'll really enjoy it!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I found Cosecha on the net and thought it looked like a really nice place. I was even more pleased to see that they grew their own vegetables including peppers for the 'latin' cooking. We arrived early on a Sunday lunchtime without a reservation and were made very welcome and offered a choice of tables - we went for one in the sun on the lawn (unlike most South Africans my wife actually likes sitting in the sun!). The wind was a bit of a problem that day, but it was the same throughout the valley. The terrace looked very inviting with mainly tables and chairs under umbrellas, but some large sofas and low tables also. Despite the latin cooking, the menu appeared to be rather devoid of the chilli we love so much we made our choices. Our order of . prawn and mushroom quesadillas was met with a "How do you want those - mild, medium or spicy?" Naturally, we both went for the spicy option and were not disappointed with the size or the flavour and sharing gave us a chance to taste both. The Noble Hill sauvignon blanc (made on site) was a very pleasant way to wash it all down. Grilled calamari and goat cheese sweet potato cakes were excellent and spicy, and the grilled chicken tagliatelle with a creamy jalapeño reduction was also good but there was little sign of the tequila in the dishes title. All tables were full during the lunch and many diners had the guacamole prepared at the table. The portion looked enormous and is probably a meal in itself, although the availability of the sharing plates offers additional options. Service was friendly and knowledgeable and there was a very relaxed and unhurried feel to the place (including picnic tables by the lake). The different concept is to be applauded, especially as it works so well. We will certainly go again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank harrymlaw
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks, it is great to hear from you and glad that you enjoyed your visit to Noble Hill! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Paarl, South Africa
“One of the best experiences in the winelands”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Try Cosecha for interesting dishes, good service and a great setting. The Noble Hill wines perfectly accompanies the menu. Will be back soon,