“Excellent in all aspects!”
Review of Grande Roche Hotel

Grande Roche Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Paarl
Cape Town
“Excellent in all aspects!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We spend one night and rate it as one of the finest 'boutique hotels' I have stayed in. The rooms ( 2 floor suite) was spacious, well furnished, excellent wifi connectivity and underfloor heating. What gives this hotel the leading edge is the personal service and small but welcomed gestures ( complimentary bottle of champagne), a filled bath and rose petals on the bath floor! Breakfast was also great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed one of our Duplex Suites and we hope that you are able to return in the near future and experience it once again.
It is our passion to ensure that all guests leave the Winelands with happy memories.
Anja Bosken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My 3 night stay at Grande Roche Hotel on the foot of the Paarl Mountains was truly exquisite. Safe and Secure, The Staff was incredible, always available and genuinely pleasant. The Hospitality was warm and comfortable, they catered for every need and I particularly loved the breakfast buffet. There is pleanty of Private spaces to relax like example the Herb garden with the aroma of Lemon trees, lavender and Rosemary. Grande Roche has the option of intimate dinning experiences avalaible private and truly special. Grande Roche is definetely a small little oasis I would love to return to.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
It was also nice to hear how you appreciated our little herb Garden as well as our Breakfast.
We do hope that you are able to visit us again soon.
Southampton
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It is really difficult to find anything to fault with La Grande Roche (although the front of house staff are a little pretentious and up themselves!).
The rooms / suites are amongst the best I've stayed in and the grounds in which they sit are exquisite!
And then of course there's the restaurant! Bosman's!! There's a separate review for this, but it really is first class in every respect! The food is cordon bleu, the wine list as extensive as any restaurant I've visited - something like 48 pages! And the service is efficient yet discrete - close to perfection! The breakfast too lives up to this award-winning restaurant's reputation!

Room Tip: At this time (July 2014), the Rand - Sterling exchange rate is very much in favour of the UK travell...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Gerry,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
Our apologies that you think our staff was not living up to their standards, we will definitely look into this.
We hope that when the exchange rate is in favour of UK that you will be able to visit us again.
Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Spending some days with my father in Paarl in the Grande Roche Hotel was really a perfect experience. Thank you to the very attentive and nice service people.

The thing that should be solved is the recurrent internet problems that we encounter in the room (but not in the Lobby).

As summary, I do strongly recommend this Hotel with probably one of the most beautiful view of the region.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Emmanuel,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
Thank you for advising us regarding the trouble you experienced with our internet, we will have someone take a look at this.
We do hope that we will welcome you back to the Grande Roche Hotel in the Future.
County Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed in this gem of a hotel with relations from Australia last April and from the minute I arrived to the minute I left just loved it and booking to go back again next April. The service was the best I have experienced in any hotel and believe me I have stayed in quite a few hotels over the years and the food served inside or outside was delicious.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Martin,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel, as well as that you will be returning to us next April.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to spend a night. Lovely old fashioned hotel in Paarl. Great breakfast on the terrace with the most amazing views. Excellent base for wine tasting! Our room was fantastic. Staff were great

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Malcolm,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We hope to welcome you and your partner back to the Estate one day soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Having spent 4 days at this amazing hotel I have nothing but praise for the excellent service, friendly staff, amazing facilities and absolute 5* experience. Definitely worth another visit. Thank-you for everything!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view! What a dream to wake up to such beauty!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Cathy
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.
We hope that you are able to return again one day soon with your husband and two beautiful sons.
Anja Bosken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paarl
De Leeuwenhof Hotel/Guesthouse
De Wingerd Wijnland Lodge
Mont Rochelle
Mont Rochelle
#6 of 11 in Franschhoek

Been to Grande Roche Hotel? Share your experiences!