Grande Roche Hotel
$94
$111
$108
Hotels.com
De Wingerd Wijnland Lodge(Paarl)(Great Value!)
$77
$56
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$117
Ridgeback House(Windmeul)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Perle-du-Cap Private Suite Estate(Paarl)(Great Value!)
$69
$71
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoystersterrace suitebeautiful hotelstar hotelattention to detailfine diningrose petalsslave quarterswine listsouth africacomplimentary winemain buildingfantastic winecape townfeel specialdistant mountainsgeneral manager
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Grande Roche Hotel is definitely something special, from the welcoming to the food, to the special touches in the rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bubbles and Braai and thought that the food was incredibly tasty and beautifully presented. One can see that the staff work hard and for me, what sets this hotel apart from some of the others I have been to, is the friendliness of the staff and dedication to ensure that each guest is well taken care of. Keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel. We know it is the small details that count.

Well done to the Grande Roche team for making this a memorable experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We attended a breakfast for a 50th birthday. The experience was very disappointing. The service was almost nonexistent and we had to ask for them to serve the coffee and champagne over and over again. I had the impression that their only desire was to get us out of there. The food was OK, but the it is not very appetizing with lots of flies all over the place. Certainly not 5 star quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emarie B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Bosman’s Restaurant.

I am most disappointed that we failed to deliver on our promise to impress.

Should you plan to return to the Grande Roche Hotel or to Paarl in general, please contact me directly as I would be honoured to assist with your booking and meet with you during your stay.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

So sad when a beautiful establishment falls short on service and quality. Booked a lunch with great expectation but was sorely disappointed with size of serving and service. Ordered duck with salad IN LIEU of mash and leeks. Was served the smallest portion of duck and was charged extra for the very small salad which replaced the mash and leeks. The wine was fortunately very good. At R 335 per person for one course and one bottle of wine, this was a total ripoff and not what we had expected.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neil6909
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am most disappointed that we failed to deliver on our promise to impress.

Being a boutique hotel, I try to interact with all our guests during their stay in an attempt to address any concerns they might have. Your constructive criticism is much appreciated and we will use it to implement the necessary policies and procedures to ensure that this incident is not repeated.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We returned to the Grande Roche, and were very happy with the whole experience. The view from Bosman's restaurant is breathtaking, especially at sunset, where the vista changes by the minute.
The room was excellent, with a view of Paarl mountain.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Grande Roche Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.

It is our passion to ensure that all guests leave the Winelands with happy memories. We do hope that you will return soon and enjoy the hotel and its culinary experiences.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very nice situated small luxury hotel surrounded by vinyards, with beautiful gardens and also a very nice pool. A little up the hill so you have a beuatiful view over the valley around Paarl. In the back of the Hotel you have the beautiful Paarl mountains.
Rooms located in different small buildings around the garden. Stayed in a very nice room with marvellous refurbished bathroom.
Restaurant in the main building offers a great dining experience with a vast selection of wines (also by the glass). Enjoy your dinner on the marvellous terrace overlooking Paarl´s landscape!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Grande Roche Hotel.