“Great Tour, Great Price”

Safari Ostrich Show Farm
Book In Advance
More Info
$8.20*
and up
Safari Ostrich Farm Tractor Tour in Oudtshoorn
Ranked #5 of 33 things to do in Oudtshoorn
More attraction details
Owner description: Safari Ostrich Farm, established in 1956, welcomes you to the ostrich capitol of the world - Oudtshoorn. On arrival, you will meet one of our professional guides, who will take you on an unforgettable tour, where you will learn more about these remarkable birds and their fascinating nature. The guided tour includes a fun ride on one of our tractors through a huge ostrich breeding camp with 18 adult breeding birds around you - a truly unique experience in itself. Safari Ostrich Show Farm is the first show farm in South Africa where the Kenyan Red and Zimbabwe Blue Ostriches as well as the local South African breed can be viewed.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were very pleased with our recent tour of Safari Ostrich Farm. The staff there was friendly and knowledgeable. We were able to see a variety of ostriches, learn about their characteristics, and touch them. Our daughter was even able to ride one. The best part is the price of admission made it affordable for families.

Billy E, Manager at Safari Ostrich Show Farm, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review ! We see Safari Ostrich Farm as a "Tourist Attraction" that must be fun for everybody regardless your age and where you come from. Our tours of the farm is designed to be informative and interesting but at the same time not long and boring for kids. Thank you for your visit and feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was one of the highlights of our South African trip. I had so much fun there riding an ostrich! Unforgettable! Must do! The tour was informative and interesting. I highly recommend it!

Thank you for your review ! I am glad you found your visit to Safari Ostrich Farm to be one of the highlights of your trip to beautiful South Africa ! Thank you for your visit and feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have visited Safari Ostrich Show Farm a few times in order to gather so material and footage for a project. Not only did I find the tours interesting and got to see many different kinds of ostriches, but I was also astound by the way the staff and management treated me.

The staff in general was very helpful and friendly at all times. But it was the management who obviously took the time to greet & chat to guests that that amazed me. They were tentative and accommodating every single time.

They serve a lunch every day that will suit anyone as they cater very widely. There was some Indian people having a curry dish but most people seemed to have the ostrich steak. I think they call this the "farmers lunch". The meat tasted amazing. It was soft and tasty and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Thumbs up for a great informative tour and an amazing meal afterwards! I will be back to visit them again!

Thank you for your review ! We aim to satisfy all our visitors' expectations with regards the ostrich tour and also our meals. We have for this reason a few different menu options to choose from which hopefully will suite everybody's taste. Apart from our "western" meals we also have a option with Indian dishes and some stir-fry eastern meal options. We are famous for the Ostrich Fillet that we prepare and we B.B.Q it as well as make a Ostrich Curry and Ostrich Stir-fry. Thank you for your visit and feedback.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Greetings,

Putting stars where they belong, I have to, form my moral inquiry and objective quest of shining stars/luminaries in the tourism and hospitality industry, sincerely thank Mr Billy Engelbrecht for making of Safari Ostrich Show Farm, a tourist friendly attraction site.

Science is perfectible, art is not, but these Two(2) managerial elements both rhyme and find their fullest expression in Billy's managerial skills.

His stamina, professional and moral attributes, his artistic and psychological undertones in handling from first world to third world countries' tourist ought being written in the Golden Book and Annals of the South African Tourism.

My Deepest expression of gratitude and may, apart from the private tourism sector, government and international tourism stakeholders acknowledge and emulate this man of distinction.

Thanks.

from Samuel Kasereka Misemengo (Tourism Transformation Ambassador Act 72 of 1993 & National Tourist Guide WC 4196); contact +27 72 683 8727.

Billy E, Manager at Safari Ostrich Show Farm, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review ! Our philosophy at Safari Ostrich Farm is to treat our visitors the way we would like to be treated if we were the customer. Thank you for your feedback and visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

You first get to learn about ostriches and farming them then you get to walk around the farm and see them. You then get to race them around and the day ends with a professional race. I was too heavy (over 165 pounds) but my wife did it and I was wonderful. Highly reccomended.

1  Thank Cat A
Billy E, Manager at Safari Ostrich Show Farm, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your review ! Our guided tours are about one hour in duration and are diesigned to allow our visitors to have an interactive experience of a working ostrich farm whereby you walk for small distances between the different camps and learn more about ostriches and their fascinating nature. Thank you for your visit and feedback.