“A different look at feathered friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highgate Ostrich Show Farm

Highgate Ostrich Show Farm
Ranked #5 of 30 things to do in Oudtshoorn
More attraction details
Owner description: Incubators, baby chicks, ostrich rides and feather crafts are among the attractions at this family-friendly farm.
Horsham, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A different look at feathered friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

Arrived late morning and given tea/coffee to await other visitors before making up a small group of about a dozen. Enthusiastic guide showed us around and explained all about the birds in great detail. We were invited to feed some and ride on others! My lady enjoyed herself greatly by being the sole volunteer to stand on the eggs and to stroke one of the birds. Ostrich racing hardly compares with Ascot, but it was a bit of fun even though our chosen one lost. We had our lunch there too and were very impressed with the place.

2 Thank tourmanagerSussex_UK

• Hebrew first
pitsburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“dangerous place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

They don't care about your safety. I could be dead while I rode their ostrich because the staffs misguided the ostrich and there were no protection from the risk. Even though they encourged me to ride, they told me that "who enforced you to ride?" after the severe accident happened.

2 Thank travar
Los Angeles, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“An Unusual Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

I had a good time at the Highgate Ostrich Farm. I’ve never been to any other ostrich farm, so I can’t really compare it to any other ostrich farm; we were there pretty early in the morning, so as we drove up, we were greeted by a guide, and we were given a private tour of the farm. We were first told about the life cycle of an ostrich and shown the various ostrich produces. Next, we were introduced to a few ostriches, where I fed the ostriches. Subsequently, we were taken to a place where we were able to stand on an ostrich egg. After that, we were taken to a place where we could sit and ride on ostriches in a small pen – that was quite interesting…and difficult. We also watched a couple jockeys race a couple ostriches. Overall, it was a great visit and something different.

2 Thank redanteater