“Magic Evening”

Magic Moments in Oudtshoorn
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An unforgettable evening of live music and traditional South African food in the intimate setting of the home of the performers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Bucharest, Romania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Magic Evening”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a wonderful, magic and special evening.
All three are perfect hosts. The atmosphere is friendly.
We were excited and fascinated. Good music, traditional food, but especially love and friendship.
It was a true magical moment.
From Romania, thanks and good thoughts for Barry, Sissi and Joey.

Visited December 2013

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An Evening Very Well Spent!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our evening with Barry, Sissi and Joey was probably more a casual and intimate affair than most, as they entertained just my wife and I on the evening we were there. All are wonderful musicians and it was a welcome alternative to the more ``packaged`` forms of entertainment one usually encounters on vacation. Also nice just to get to know local people on a more personal level, in comfortable and homey surroundings, eating local foods (well-prepared by Joey and Sissi). My wife and I are admittedly `talkers`and so we also very much appreciated their engaging with us on a wide-ranging discussion on social and political life in South Africa today following the musical part of the evening.

We joined Barry and Joey next day for a tour of Bridgeton, one of the many impoverished Townships which are still very much part of the South African urban landscape. You haven`t really experienced South Africa unless you have seen how the very poorest live in this country - it was an eye-opener, particularly as Joey himself is a resident of the area. We highly recommend taking the tour - Barry is fount of knowledge on the history of the Townships and Oudtschoorn generally. This tour is something new that Barry is offering - I strongly urge you to take it if you have the time!

All in all, a rewarding and enjoyable experience.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JohnBH
Oudtshoorn, South Africa
“An evening of joy...”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've know Barry, Sissy and Joey for almost a year now and tonight I had to privilege to be a guest in their home for a Magic Moments Experience. We were joined by a South African couple, Shane and Jody and what I did not know was, was a treat were all in for. They tirelessly enjoyed entertaining us all and offered local stories and history and some good songs thrown in for good measure. They do famous songs in their own style - Lion Sleeps Tonight with a disco beat and Joey sings My Way - Salsa Style. I was bowled over and found it a joyful experience. Thank you for the lovely evening. I truly recommend the show and urge all tourists and locals alike to pick up the phone and book!

Visited October 2013
Weymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Informal fun, great food and lively entertainment!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were only in town for two nights and did not arrive until late evening on the Saturday night. We had heard about Magic Moments through Trip Advisor and were keen to book. I phoned on the off chance and luckily they had space for the two of us that night! We were collected by Barry from the hotel and driven to their house for a really enjoyable, casual evening enjoying great home cooking and some superb live singing and entertainment. We were then chauffeured back to our hotel. Thoroughly recommended and not to be missed! Thank you!

Visited September 2013
Oudtshoorn, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Magic Evening with Magic Friends!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friends and I range in ages from 22-27 and are mostly locals with some out-of-towners and an Australian. There were 5 of us and we wanted to try something different in Oudtshoorn than the usual restaurants and nightspots. This place looked interesting but we thought we might not enjoy it because the music isn't what our generation typically listens too. Wow were we wrong. It was AMAZING! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and were smiling ear-to-ear the entire evening and laughing non-stop! The singers are amazing and the keyboardist is fantastic! The entire evening felt like it had been specially crafted just for us and as it was held in their home it had a wonderful and comfortable atmosphere and honestly the evening felt more like a bunch of friends having us over for a dinner party rather than a dinner theatre with strangers. By the end of the evening, we all felt like friends. The food and drinks were amazing as well but I'd go back for the experience any day!

Visited September 2013