“What a wonderful experience”

Brian's Grill and Family Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Brian’s Grill & Family Restaurant, established in September 2010 in Oudtshoorn is a family dining restaurant, with great ambiance. Our restaurant boasts of well prepared a la carte dishes and we are open from 08h00 to late, 7 days a week. We cater to every taste as we offer a variety of dishes including Ostrich, Crocodile and Venison.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were pleasantly welcomed by the Manager-Wayne, who introduced us to our waitress Stephley, who was friendly with good service skills. We had a wonderful experience and there were something to suit everyone’s taste. Wayne made time to chat with us and at the end of the evening enquired about the quality of the food and the overall service. This was definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank Elisma_12

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wow. Always a great restaurant to visit. I always watch my pocket, so Brian's Grill is an awesome restaurant for quality food at rock bottom prices. They give you vegetables with almost every meal. Damn! That's unheard of, in most family restaurants. I love it. My cousin from Bloemfontein and his wife almost had a heart-attack when they saw the huge 400g ribs with the chicken strips and chips. As a regular visitor from Mosselbay, and customer at Brian's, I always enjoy spoiling my friends and family here, when I visit Oudtshoorn. The host, Mauritia was friendly and helpful, while guiding us to our seats. Our waitress for the evening, Joslyn, was stunning as usual. The fire outside the restaurant invited you in, while the fire inside created the perfect admosphere, with the heaters, keeping us warm. At the end of the evening the manager, Wayne enquired about the overall service, and quality of the food, and we all agreed it was a night to remember, indeed. The next time any of my friends visit Oudtshoorn, I'll gladly recommend Brian's as an all-time favourite!

1  Thank John C
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have visitors from out of town and decided to take them to Brian's as we've been happy in the past - what a mistake! Just come from this establishment with our visitors and were disgusted with the service - or should I say lack thereof! Wayne (manager) served us and I'm sorry if our small table of four with a simple order was too much for him to handle! Us ladies got our meal first, then the gu...ys got their food about 10 to 15 minutes later. No offer of more drinks, and we had to look for the manager in order to pay the bill. Not to mention the manager bringing us the first round of drinks and still putting a filty glass on the table for our main guest. I will NEVER recommend this restaurant again! There are plenty more places in town who outshine Brian's by far!

2  Thank calicraftgems
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We picked it because the staff were very pro-active and friendly when we stopped to look at the menu; we booked it there and then. The staff were great, the owner went to every table and chatted affably, the atmosphere was good and the beer was cold. A great, off the wall menu with unusual choices as well as the mainstream steak and chicken we expected. Almost all the food was excellent value for money. The mixed bit? My daughter's Chicken Salad was raw. Not undercooked, not a bit missed in the grill, not pink. Raw. Anyone can make a mistake, I have no problem with that, and we made a point of drawing it to the staff's attention and not kicking up a fuss. I am in the catering trade and I am sympathetic; things can go wrong. However, no apology from either the waiting staff or the owner is not so understandable. They didn't even take it off the bill. There comes a point at which the night is going to get ruined, so I took the cost of it out of the tip I was going to leave. That said, if the chicken had been cooked or the money refunded with a simple 'sorry', it would have been 5 stars. And the waiter would have got a decent tip.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went to experience crocodile and did that. Should have gone for the steak! My wife had the T bone and said it was excellent, cooked just as she ordered. We had the ostrich liver pate starter which my wife found too strong and they quickly replaced it with snails. I liked it, but there's no accounting for taste!
Watched the cricket from various TV's dotted around the dining area, which would have been superb if the Brits had played better. Good food and generous portions so we didn't have desserts. Price R320 (without tip) for two starters, two mains and a bottle of wine, which is probably the best value for an individual meal in the town.