“One of the best”
Review of Nostalgie

Nostalgie
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
Cuisines: African
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oudtshoorn
“One of the best”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nostalgie, is one of those places a person goes back to time and again. That speaks for itself so not going to harp on the fact that it has a lovely atmosphere, that the food is always good and that its priced just right. One word describes it. MAGIC!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank oudtBB

“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a restaurant! I took a chance on this place after finding it on TripAdvisor, and thank God I did. It's an unusual place when you first walk in, like stepping into an old fashioned convenience store with wood counters and glass jars, then walking through into the store owners front room. But it's so comfortable and the food is amazing. Again, the waitress couldn't do enough to help. My partner and I had three courses each (so big I didn't manage to eat everything on my plate, but I wanted to!) with coffee (one of them with liquor), a bottle of wine and water, and all for less than the equivalent of £21 in total. For the quality, quantity and ambience of this lovely place I'd have paid five times more. Nostalgie, please please please open a place in the UK! Thank you so much for a truly lovely meal and experience.

2 Thank Mrs_W_01032017
“Dining on main street.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Great find. Excellent food, reasonably priced and homely setting (We sat in the garden). Service was a little slow although there was only one waitress roaming about. Would I go back... YES!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 602allanb
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Adhorable and 100% Authentic”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

If you're looking for genuine South African cuisine this is the most authentic culinary experience you could hope for. The hostess/chef/Owner is a warm and welcoming lady who knows her stuff. The decor is enchanting and nostalgic and made me homesick for something I didn't even know I missed.

I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ChiquitaTravels
Johannesburg, South Africa
“If you're in Oudtshoorn, you must eat here!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I loved the place from the time we walked in, the decor was so different and interesting. We had friendly service and most importantly, the food was amazing. I had the lamb shank stew and it was heavenly. My boyfriend tried one of the home made pies and quite enjoyed it too. And to end of the meal we had the cheesecake and it is one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had.

• Visited April 2014