“Quaint & vintage!”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I had bunch at Nostalgie as recommended by Tripadvisor reviews, and we enjoyed it very much.

Food - We ordered a Full English breakfast, a soup, and a beef burger. The food is very good even though I would have preferred my beef patty to be well done as bits of it were raw.

Service/Price - Standard good service and reasonable prices.

Atmosphere - I always enjoy a quaint little restaurant with alfresco dining.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very good. Food is very good. well prepared by owner, who also makes sure her customers get what they want even if it is not on the menu! Nothing is too much trouble for her and her staff. Good home cooking!
A must!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Wow, we had dinner at this restaurant. It has a lovely ambience, great service and fantastic food. I had the Ostrich steak and my husband had the chicken schnitzel stack both were lovely. The accompanying vegetables were brilliant, I had to ask for the receive for the butternut dish. The meal was very reasonable and I would suggest anyone staying in Oudsthoorn to give this place a visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Another small, individual quirky place worth booking as was turning people away even on a cold raining October evening. I had a venison stroganoff with rice that was full of flavour and huge - but I ate every delicious scrap. Hubby had a chicken tower that was tasty and still made room for a homemade malva pudding. Price was good value and as we walked back we saw both Jemimas and kalinko were relativley empty, so unless you really want fine dining do try this homely, tasty alternative.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Im not really a big fan of vintage but I absolutely adore fairy lights! My partner and I were driving looking for a place to eat and when I checked tripadvisor, this restaurant had stunning reviews so I wanted to see what it was all about and when we arrived, with fairy lights wrapped in trees, little outside tables with the cutest table number holders that were little bicycles, I was very happy of our choice.
The portions were HUGE, we ordered a starter and by mid main meal, we just couldnt eat anymore! But we still went on to order a dessert, it was a chocolate one that just melted in my mouth. The flavours are great!
When the bill came, it was very reasonable for the amount of food we ate so we left with full stomachs and a happy wallet. Be sure to go there!