“Fantastic experience”
Review of Meerkat Adventures

Meerkat Adventures
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Oudtshoorn
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. We met Devey at 5.45 am at a crossroads whilst still dark. There were about eight other cars. We drove to the farm where the meerkats were and were given a foldable chair and a hot drink. We followed Devey to the Meerkats burrow and sat quietly waiting for the sun to fall on the entrance of the burrow. Gradually one by one the Meerkats appeared until a total of about 13 were visible. It was a real privilege to see these beautiful creatures in their natural surroundings. An experience I will never forget.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife Karen and I were really looking forward to do this and we were not disappointed.We were staying locally ( The Yot Club) so we didn't have far to meet Devey at the rendezvous point. When everyone turned up we proceeded in convoy to a spot where we drove offroad for a short while ( your hire car is quite capable).We had coffee and rusks while Devey briefed us. As the sun rose we grabbed camping chairs and walked a short distance to the meerkat " burrow".
Devey placed the chairs and we sat and waited for the first little head to pop out.....then.....well you have to do it to find out!
Thanks Devey for an amazing experience. Karen and Graham ( Devon)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I agree with everything others have said. This was an amazing experience . An opportunity to watch and be informed of these amazing animals. This occured because of the dedication of Devey to persist in getting these animals used to humans otherwise the experience would have been a lot less long and interesting.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am not good at early rising. When I discovered that Devey was suggesting that I fall out of bed at 04.30 I nearly declined. Thank goodness I made the effort. I have now discovered that there is something attractive about sunrise . It was made more magical by the company of the iconic meerkats. Devey and his assistant weave a magic of expectation which is fully realised by the experience. I would not have missed this for anything. Yes, I guess that it may seem rather expensive. However, I would not get up at 04.00 every morning for less.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The most amazing thing to do while in this area. We met Devey Ginster, the famous 'Meerkat Man' on a dust road before sunrise. We drove for miles into the countryside to an area of scrubland, we followed him and watched while he put up 8 camping chairs around a hole in the ground - and we waited......... The sun came up, the birds were singing, it was just lovely. Then, out of the hole popped up the head of just one Meerkat, he had a look around and went back into the hole, a couple of minutes later up he popped again, had another look round and jumped out of the hole. The rest of the family of 13 came out one by one. Devey was so interesting to listen to and we were all riveted. Some of his stories were hillarious, we could have listened to him all day. He loves the Meerkats with passion and does so much for wildlife preservation in the area. We sat around the hole for about 2 hours and watched as the Meerkats played and interacted with each other, then when the sun was up and the rays were warm we witnessed the tummy warming ritual which was so precious. Then they all scuttle off into the bush to find food, insects and the occasional small snake. I will never forget this experience, and what we saw was beyond my wildest dreams. I took hundreds of pictures and Devey took a picture of us all with the Meerkats in the foreground which he emailed to us when we returned home. What an incredible guy, a real gentleman and such a warm person. One day soon we will travel all the way back to this area just to repeat this experience. It certainly was an adventure. Keep up the great work Devey, you are a true genious.