“P-J Hannabus”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sit inside or outside. Nice menu with good prices. Relaxed atmosphere, good friendly service! Before you know it, you've downed 4 beers in the Karoo heat! Watch the traffic and pedestrians go past.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed a great meal, good service and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good family style meal.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food here was okay, but arrived cold from an overwhelmed kitchen. The smoorsnoek appetizer was destroyed by way too much mayonnaise.

2  Thank ItTakesTwoToTravel
Reviewed March 15, 2013

our guest house told us that this was the place where a lot of locals ate because it was cheap and the portions were good. They weren't kidding.
my starter of chicken liver pate was HUGE as was my husbands ostrich pate, capacciao and fillet.
I went for the ostrich fan fillet steak and my husband had the black wilder-beast for mains.
OMG both steaks were absolutely cooked to perfection, the outsides dark and so tasty and the insides perfectly pink and juicy, (my mouth is watering from the memory of it) Black wilder-beast is unbelievably soft and tender and the flavour is delicate but at the same time intense. I can really see why the lions go for them, I'd take one down myself to be honest!
Service is great and the owner is very friendly. It's not a swish place and our starters were probably too big really, but the steak made the place an outstanding memory for us.
If you have a big appetite great, go for it, if not, save yourself for the best steak in South Africa.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Over generous portions of African-inspired pasta and pizza dishes - do not try the steaks! - nothing authentically Italian...never heard of 'less is more' or 'quality rather than quantity'? Its saving grace was the good wine list at prices that are not a rip off. Too much, too creamy and too unauthentic with really slow African-time service.

6  Thank Marlumus