“Great stay”

Turnberry Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Oudtshoorn
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great place to stay in Oudtshoorn. we had a family room so kids had their own room which was fab. Breakfast was great. A great stay - will definitely stay there next time we are in Oudtshoorn.........

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Turnberryodn, Owner at Turnberry Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback - we are looking forward welcoming you back to Turnberry Boutique Hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It is a nice hotel, over all, but for 4 star, I expected more. It was clean, conveniently located and the reception people were nice.
The worst was that wifi didn't work at all. They kept saying they will reboot, but nothing ever worked.
There was no one to carry bags, there was no conditioner in my room. In this day and age, it was hard to find an extra plug in my room, so I had to unplug something else to charge my computer/phone/etc. I had to keep the tea kettle on the floor to even boil water. I guess I expected more for 4*.
Rooms are very small, but cozy. I was freezing while I was there, but maybe I'm just used to central heating. TV only had a few working channels, the others were fuzzy.
Breakfast was nice, made to order.
Convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NellanSF

Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that our hotel meets all the requirements of a 4 star hotel according to the South African Tourism Grading Council. We have different size rooms, from the smaller to large suites - depending on your budget and availability. Porter service is available on request - even the check-in registration form has a tick box to check if you need assistance with luggage. My personal cell phone number is also available in all our rooms should a guest experience any problems, Quite often, settings on handsets or laptops have to be adjusted to be able to receive wifi signal. We have 4 different rooters throughout the hotel to be able to cope with obstructions.. My apologies for my staff not being able to assist you in a proper way. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps me to better our service continuously. Thank you for visiting South Africa and Oudtshoorn.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Turnberry Hotel is located in town. It is easy to walk everywhere, restaurants, shops,supermarket ect. The hotel is clean and the beds are great. The staff is very friendly.
It is a real Karoo experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kerstin K

Thank you for taking the time to review Turnberry Boutique Hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Oudtshoorn in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Would just like to thank you for a lovely stay at the Turnberry Hotel.
Staff ,Service and Rooms were spectacular.Rooms are nice and spacious lovely large King Size beds.Delicious breakfast in close to all restaurants in town.Reception open 24 Hours and a great little bar .
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review Turnberry Boutique Hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon!.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Quite below standard for a 4 start hotel
There were no porters available for our luggage and had to climb the stairs with all the luggage to and from the room
No restaurant for lunch or dinner although this is advertised on the website
Sound insulation in the hotel is very poor as you here all the noises from other guest in and around the hotel
The bathrooms only had a shower (no bath) and the basin was in your room, not very comfatable

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C B
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I would say it is better to improve the wifi connection. I cannot use the wifi after a short connection ! The hotel is beautiful and all staffs are friendly and make me feel comfort and save or even feel like home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We recently spent one night at the Turnberry Boutique Hotel.The staff were very helpful and friendly, and our room was a good size, however I would not class it as a boutique hotel (compared to other places that I have stayed). The air conditioning unit in our room was very noisy so we chose not to use it. However, the bar had a nice atmosphere and it is located just off the main road so is close to the restaurants, which is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple