“Perfect Place To Hangout, Play, and Eat!”

Wilgewandel Holiday Farm
Ranked #7 of 28 things to do in Oudtshoorn
George, Western Cape, South Africa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Perfect Place To Hangout, Play, and Eat!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to the Wilgewandel Holiday Farm few months ago, and it was really fun. It was a playful and a perfect place to hangout, play and eat with my family! When we went there, we ate at the restaurant in front of the store area, and then we had some great times enjoying our delicious meals, for example like the tuna sandwich, and many others, also for the great hot chocolate. After that, we got to play around the big playground that has many things that you can play, like for example riding the cars, the boat on the water area, and others. Also there were Camel rides, which you all try. Some of my family members ride that camel and they had fun because then they ride around, passing every area. When we were nearly finished, I went to the store again and pay for the animal feeding. They gave me the bucket of the corn and other seeds, and then I feed all the animals, like the goats, pigs, the Ostrich and others. In my surprise, they were really friendly. We then got back to our cars and have this amazing moment memorized, because this place is definitely one of the greatest place that I went these times.

1 Thank Dmitriys_8258

• Arabic first
“Very friendly staff amid peace and quiet”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the beautifully preserved farm house. The bed was very comfortable and the original Oregon line wooden floors reminded me of growing up on the farm. We ordered food from the kitchen. All traditional afrikaans meals. It was delivered and delicious.
Staff are all very Friendly and competent.

Visited September 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fun Fabulous Farm”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a small farm between Oudtshoorn and Cango Caves with great activities like Camel riding, Donkey carting and many more fun activities to do with animals. It was very nice to be in close contact with these animals that we fear sometimes. We also bought a couple of items, mainly hand made, to remember the trip by.

Visited April 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great family fun!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This farm was fret. We went off season so some things were not available but there was still plenty to do. I wouldn't even consider anywhere else, if going with kids. The staff are friendly and will do anything to please you. The donkey and cart are usually closed in August as it's off season but they gladly got it set up for us. There are many animals to feed and much to keep the kids busy. The farmhouse was cold as it was heated by two portable fan heaters. Unfortunately, they were not turned on prior to our arrival, even though I called an hour before-oh well. They did have electric blankets on the bed. Breakfast was slow but very good and well worth the money. We stayed for two days and the kids cried when we left.

1 Thank Angela H
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
“Great family holiday - staff always willing to go the extra mile!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Wilgewandel Farm.
We stayed for 2 nights after a week in Plett.
Everything was fantastic and Pienaar and his family always went the extra mile for us.
The nights were cold and they quickly arranged extra heaters and hot water bottles for us.
We travelled with our 2 year old son and 4month old daughter.
Our son loved the animals and feeding them. We also had great fun on the camel and donkey rides.
It is a great place to go as a family with so many exciting things to do all at one location.
The staff are friendly and I would highly recommend the farm to anybody

ps: my wife left her feeding pillow behind and we only realised once we got home to Cape Town. I emailed Pienaar to see if they located it. He emailed back to say he had found it and he even posted it back to me within record time. My wife was very pleased.