“Will you open again...?”
Review of Kalinka - CLOSED

Kalinka
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

You set a very good standard for a posh fine dining experience. Loved the place. What does the future hold...?

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good food, very nice ambience, (like the decor) good service.
Reservation needed during busy times.
Will go back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I were traveling on Hwy 62 to the east from Cape Town and we stopped and spent the night in Oudtshoorn. The owner of the B&B recommended several restaurants in town but said that Klinka was the best. We were fortunate that they had a table for four and in a very nice outdoor setting.
We all started with a different appetizer, there was an excellent selection of wines, each dish came out perfectly prepared and presented and each one was better than the last. The entrees were all superb, perfectly prepared and presented and the desserts nonpareil. Plus the whole meal was an incredible value.
Let me tell you it's a long way from Winter Park Fl to Oudtshoorn but I'd go back in a heart beat to have another meal at this restaurant. Truly one of the best meals my wife and I have ever had and we've dined at great restaurants all over the world.

1  Thank Larry F
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our guesthouse owner organised for the owner of Kalinka to pick us up! So we started the evening thoroughly spoilt it did not end there aperitifs in the bar and then a fabulous meal / great wine all made for a lovely evening. Could not fault it.

2  Thank Yorknomad
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Kalinka is a romantic place to dine with an eclectic menu of local and exotic foods, such as ostrich kebabs.