“Great fun”

77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We rode on a Saturday morning, a group of very mixed abilities. Th horses were super and both guides were fun and chatty. It did take a while to reach the beach, but it was no hardship. The girls split the ride, the less able ant for a walk almond the sae front while we more experienced had a trot and canter along the waves. The ride home was lovely, going through the wet land area. I really enjoyed the experience and can't wait to return.

Visited February 2014

Hong Kong, China
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Some of the reviews on Sleepy Hollow were very negative, so I was hesitant to make a booking with them. It turned out all my concerns were redundant.

I had a thirty minute private lesson before the beach ride. The instructor was very patient and friendly. The horse, Smarty, was well trained and good tempered.

In total, a group of five joined the beach ride in the morning. Two guides, one in the front and one in the back, led the ride. As a group, we did a bit of trotting on the beach, and some of us did some cantering too. I particularly enjoyed the way back. We had to go through the bushes, which was beautiful and interesting and the horses love the way back too.

Throughout the ride, the horses were under control and there was no safety concerns at all. I fully enjoyed the experience and recommend it to riders of all levels of experience.

Visited February 2014
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Amazing horses!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I wanted to have a horse ride on the beach whilst we were in Cape Town. We booked sleepy hollow in advance for an evening ride at 5pm explaining that I was an experienced rider however my partner only knew the front and back end of a horse!!
We arrived in good time and was given boots and hats (safety first was the motto!) then an excellent briefing.
I was given Smarty who was a star and my partner was given Black Velvet who was an absolute gentleman and knew that my partner had no idea about a horse!!
We were told that the beach was very windy and also that we wouldn't be "galloping" along the beach. This did not bother me one bit as I wanted a slow ride so I could look at the flora and beach.
We had a fantastic hack and all the members of the ride returned safe and sound which helped their 'no falling off title' thus far!!
Thank you for a wonderful couple of hours it was a shame about the wind!!

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My friends and I went on a beach ride here in November and it was fantastic. I used to own horses and so was given Jedi to ride, who was an absolute gentleman. My two friends had never ridden before and so they were given very gentle and easy-going horses and had no trouble controlling them. The horses are kept in wonderful condition and are very well behaved. Our guide was knowledgeable and friendly and the beach was so beautiful we did not want to leave. I would definitely return.

Visited November 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A spiritually bonding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just wanted to say the Biggest Thank you I can for the awesome ride I had. Smartie is a beautiful soul who senses your emotions and is so gentle with you. The guides are so helpful and take such good care - especially with those who have no riding experience. This is an experience no-one should miss out on. I will be doing it again. My husband has decided to join as he says he has never seen me do something before that has given me so much joy

Visited July 2013