“Great outride on the most beautiful beach.”

The Dunes Riding and Racing Stables
Tulbagh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great outride on the most beautiful beach.”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had an amazing ride and we were treated to a spectacular sunset. Would recommend this for anyone wanting to do something a little different.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Shumbugirl

Tulbagh, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Dunes Riding Stables”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am a 12 year old passionate horse rider and I have to say that I have been on dozens of horse rides, gone to thousands of lessons and even owned 2 horses but so far the best thing in equestrian that I have experienced is The Dunes Riding Stables in Noordhoek... The views were amazing and the horses even better... There was not one thing I could fault at these stables, friendly staff, great facilities and very healthy, happy horses... But the best of my entire experience was cantering through the crashing waves of the atlantic ocean on a sturdy, strong horse I felt I could trust with my life! so if you are ever in Cape Town make it a priority to visit these stables and enjoy a stress free, amazing ride!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank michaela s
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

One of the most pleasant sunset rides I had at the Dunes Riding Stables. I was was well received by friendly owners Mike and Ingrid. This experience exceeded my wildest dreams. Picturesque sunset views and well trained guides who made this experience very pleasant for me as it was my first time on a horse. I will definitely do it again and will recommend it to all my family and friends.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michelle S
Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great outing”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Beautiful scenery, lovely big steeds to ride. I absolutely loved it and whenever in Cape Town always return. Mike was very interesting to chat to and anyone from beginner to experienced in riding can partake. They care very much for the horses and do not allow the use of crops.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Karl L
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lovely setting but very disappointing experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was so looking forward to a romantic sunset ride along the gorgeous Noordhoek beach on a retired racehorse but the reality was very different to my expectation. Firstly, The Dunes appears to have no idea of how to interact with people - the stables smell terrible, are full of flies, there is no greeting or introduction, the riding hats are old and seem unhygienic. We stood around for about half an hour before being allocated horses, not quite sure what we were supposed to be doing. The two hour sunset ride was no such thing as we got the horses at 16:30 and were back at 17:30, with sunset in Cape Town being 8pm in January. We did not get any refreshments and washed our hands with water from our car windscreenwipers. Perhaps the Dunes has handwashing and toilet facilities but we couldn't find anyone to ask. Also note that retired racehorses do not make good trail horses, unless they are properly retrained. I have had riding lessons and have been on trail rides dozens of times, yet I was unable to control the horse I was allocated and fell off. My partner indicated that he also felt he had no control over the horse he was riding.

Visited January 2013