A review of their Thorfynn restaurant only.
We stumbled on this place whilst driving along the coast via Chapman's Peak. Stunning setting deep in the wood hills overlooking Noordhoek Beach. It takes a lot or "let/right turns to get there but its OK.
We were there when a company conference was on (ABSA Bank?) so lunchtime was rather busy. If you have a toddler in a stroller - forget the restaurant. It is a nightmare getting in/out/up/down stairs and narrow walkways in the restaurant. Food average and not worth the price.
Will we go back? Probably just for a Bevvie...minus the stroller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst ancient Milkwood trees and overlooking 8 kilometres of Noordhoek beach is Monkey Valley Resort. World's apart from city living yet only 25 minutes to the centre of Cape Town - Monkey Valley Resort is an atypical splendor tucked onto the southern slopes of Chapman's Peak Drive. The resort offers a blend of self-catering old world log and brick thatched luxury cottages and bedrooms. Each is hidden in private alcoves within the rare milkwood forest, ensuring complete seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Monkey Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monkey Valley Beach Nature Hotel Noordhoek
- Monkey Valley Resort Noordhoek, Africa - South Africa