Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Pizza and beer -- with a great view of the sunset

Good food, great beer and a stunning view. Dog and child friendly -- everyone from the neighboring... read more

Reviewed June 4, 2019
Kriss B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Best pizza in the South with a view to die for

Magnificent views and excellent food set in the heart of old Noordhoek. This restaurant offer... read more

Reviewed May 1, 2019

from $122.01
from $113.81
from $70.10
More Info
All reviews herring noordhoek beach milkwood trees sundowners aegir sa project south
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

The view from the first floor terrace is most beautiful, scanning the mountains, the beaches and the ocean. Unfortunately, it is located next to the kitchen's extractor fan which during our visit emitted most horrendous and loud noises. It also spewed out all the cooking smells, chips, fish, oils, etc. Impossible to enjoy the view. Food mediocre, largely fast food menu. Service good and attentive. Becomes quite an expensive outing after having your clothes dry cleaned.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Everything good, but the amount of dogs on on the terrace was unbearable. Barked and urinated on the terrace and nobody cared. We enjoyed our visit, the food, the drinks, the service, but cannot understand why they allow so many dogs in the restaurant.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed October 13, 2019

Firstly I have frequented the herring for at least 20 years and have seen it change and grow. Recently my partner had a stroke and going to the red herring is now a mission.
THERE IS NO DISABLED PARKING- there should at least be 1 next to the two bollards
Food and service good

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019

We went for pizza at this wonderfully located restaurant. Staff were lovely but my pizza was one of the worst I have ever eaten. I sent it back and our waiter was extremely friendly and wanted to bring something else but sadly I had lost my appetite.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

Sadly this once fantastic restaurant is going down hill. Out of the last four visits some choices on the menu are unavailable.

The location is truly beautiful but booking is slapstick. We booked a table by the fire downstairs and although we were told this was booked it was no available as someone had seated a couple where we were promised.

Having that said, the entertainment was very good indeed and a plesant distraction.

I think it's time to find another place for our gatherings.

Date of experience: July 2019