“Best Sunday lunch in a long time”

The Foodbarn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Noordhoek
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the Foodbarn Restaurant, we serve the food that Franck is famous for … delicious and decadent ‘fine-dining’ style food but in a super relaxed and characterful old barn.At the Deli during the day, you are invited into our ‘home-from-home’ by the tantalizing aroma’s of the fresh bread and the best coffee in the Valley, the uber friendly and caring service, chef Joccelyn’s delicious creations, and more.At night the Deli is transformed into a delightful tapas bar serving inspired dishes with amazing textures and flavours.Whichever Foodbarn you are in … we look forward to spoiling you
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Foodbarn came highly recommended via a few friends. On this trip to CT, I made sure to visit it with my daughter who is at UCT. Well, we certainly weren't disappointed. We requested to sit upstairs as it felt warmer, and they obliged, even though we had reserved a table downstairs. The meals were paired with different wines, which really worked well for us. The food was really scrumptious. I enjoyed the pumpkin risotto with sautéed prawns, and my daughter had the Springbok Rump, very tender, with candied beet root and turnip Gateau. We had some Belgian chocolate dessert, and a Rose macaroon on the house. Will be back soon, for sure!!! Good family restaurant.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Frank took pity on the frozen locals on Thursday and opened his doors for a one night special half price a la carte. The restaurant was fully booked but as ever, service was superb. If you haven't been, you're in for a treat. I decided to try the wine braised pork tripe spring rolls with potatoes lyonnaise for starters - delicious. Lamb rack for main - the lamb cut like butter and so velvety. The sauces are always stunning and good bread to mop up. You do need to order some veggies on the side, but the selection of 3 veggies serves two and three at a push; same with the sautéed potatoes. Dessert was a trio of strawberry cheesecake, panda cotta and amazing ice cream, all with another stunning sauce. The restaurant is very stylish but rustic, with an exposed thatched roof and beams. Try the winter bistro menu, which includes a generous serving of wine with each course and changes monthly- 3 courses R 185, 4 is R205 and 5 is R225- an absolute bargain. Frank used to be head chef at La Colombe until he opened this place a few years ago. We love you, Frank!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Cosy small bakery and eatery, friendly service and good value! Wholesome healthy food.Lovely breads and wines to take away. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We love this Deli & Tapas restaurant. Not to be confused with the Foodbarn restaurant.
Deli in the day and Tapas restaurant in the evening
The food tapas is superbly priced for what you get and it comes in a flash! The staff is well trained and friendly. Great place to go with friends! Only place I've found Churos in S.A. Book to avoid disappointment.

2  Thank SarahMen
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Foodbarn has been on my list for a very long time and it was great to experience this restaurant as a well run operation - from the internet booking right through to the in-house experience where 2 menus where on offer. I appreciated the representation of the various winemaking areas on the wine list and the quality selection. The food & wine pairing menu was quite popular with neighboring tables and I could not help to hear about the interest in the next chef's table which seemed to be overbooked already. My tempura prawn starter was absolutely sumptuous - not a word I use often!