“Without doubt one of the best food experiences in the world. Forget Michelin and come here!”

The Foodbarn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Noordhoek
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At the Foodbarn Restaurant, we serve the food that Franck is famous for … delicious and decadent ‘fine-dining’ style food but in a super relaxed and characterful old barn.At the Deli during the day, you are invited into our ‘home-from-home’ by the tantalizing aroma’s of the fresh bread and the best coffee in the Valley, the uber friendly and caring service, chef Joccelyn’s delicious creations, and more.At night the Deli is transformed into a delightful tapas bar serving inspired dishes with amazing textures and flavours.Whichever Foodbarn you are in … we look forward to spoiling you
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Whenever and that is bimonthly we visit the Food Barn we are always entranced by the most delicious innovative food. The menu selections are superb and the quality and value for money without equal worldwide. The wine selections are equally inspiring and sensibly priced. You guys rock!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

iThe food was sometimes superb and sometimes most ordinary but the service was very poor.
Although the hostess was there, she ignored us and we were simply ushered on arrival by a waiter to the worst drafty table in the room in spite of having made a booking many weeks in advance.
There were many other empty tables available, and we asked to move to another table which they obliged grudgingly.
I chose the three course set menu and my wife ordered from the a la carte.
The three course menu at R 185.00 included wine pairing.
As a first course, I chose the Yellow fleshed potato and home cured salmon, tapenade & poached egg. The wine pairing was a Nitida Sauvignon Blanc 2013
It was delicious.
The waiter however forgot to bring the wine, and by the time the wine arrived, I had almost eaten everything on my plate. The wine pairing was however most appropriate and complemented the dish beautifully.
My wife chose the De-shelled prawns tempura served on a confied tomato, aubergine and avo tian, finished with a chili & red pepper syrup which was also simply superb.
For my second course I ordered the Lamb, Yorkshire pudding and mint jus.
The lamb was cooked to perfection, and the Yorkshire Pudding with tender green pees complemented the lamb well.
The Yorshire Pudding was very small and for me the dish failed because of that, as I do not enjoy eating meat on its own, and I was cutting minute portions of the Yotprkshire Pudding to last for the entire course.
Had we had an attentive waiter, I am sure this would not have been a problem, but throughout the meal, no waiter nor hostess felt necessary to stop by our table to ask if we were enjoying the meal.
I would have also complained about the small amount of wine that was served to complement that dish, and which I also had to juggle to last until at ate the last mouthful of lamb.
My wife ordered the Pumpkin & celeriac risotto, tender leaves & toasted nuts as her second course.
She said it was bland and did not enjoy it. She could not taste the celery.
For desert, I ordered the Chocolate brioche “perdue” with a brandy snap & cinnamon ice cream.
The brioche was hard and tasteless, and could not not imbibe the sauce.
My wife's Strawberry cheesecake, vanilla pod ice cream & rhubarb Panna cotta was also most pedestrian.
Our waiter never bothered to ask if we enjoyed the meal, and the hostess never bothered either.
We decided to have coffee elsewhere and this was one of the rare occasions when I did not leave a tip.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

we felt spoilt from the moment we walked in...loved the decor which looks fresh and almost opens the appetite...
the food was fantastic, great flavours, colours, and textures...liked the fact that they are sustainable with regards to seafood, the service was friendly , efficient and discreet..
overall, an awesome lunch.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I love my drive to Noordhoek Farm Village via Hout bay specially. I enjoy my day here when its a nice warm sunny day. The wine range is good as well as the food. Perfect place with family or for any occasion. Professionally prepared food and served.

1  Thank Vivek S
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my third visit to Cape Town, and I was determined to do it right. With my previous bad experiences with restaurants promising the best, this time I went on a search for the best of the best before I arrived.

The Food barn in Noordhoek kept popping up with wonderful reviews so I decided to make a reservation.
We were seated outside as we wanted to be near our kids who were playing in the wonderful kids area.
And then we were pretty much forgotten, every time we needed to ask or order something we needed to go in search of our waiter who didn't check on us once.
The ladies had the steak and the men had the Lamb Rack
both were mediocre, nothing special.
we ordered extra sides of chips and veg when we ordered our mains, only to have them arrive half way through the meal.
the food, although it looked beautiful, had little flavour and was very bland.

Then came the cold cappuccino's, messed all over the saucers and arriving a good 20 minutes before the desserts which were all ordered together for the purpose of having them together, once we drank the cold cappuccino's we eventually got our TOP recommended strawberry cheesecake dessert, that did very little to wow anyone as it was as bland as anything, however the cinnamon ice cream my husband had was very nice.

Over all the food was nothing I expected and service was so sad we refused to leave a tip.

The manager did remove the cold cappuccinos and sides that came so late from our bill.

The men and woman share a toilet and the state of that toilet made it impossible to let my children use it, their was urine all over the floor.

The inside of the restaurant is very beautiful, and has a lovely relaxing ambience.

Maybe this is just their winter food and service? as you pay half price in winter and probably get half the service and efforts.

Either way, I wont be returning in a hurry.