“A place called home”

Sacred Mountain Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Noordhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Sacred mountain and staff did us the honor of hosting our wedding and from the start i knew it was going to be amazing but little did i know that i would be blown away like this. I had the best day of my entire life at sacred mountain and am looking forward to returning on a regular basis for a breather from work.we got treated like kings and queens. What a treat. Immaculate guest house, amazing vibe and absolutely stunning staff. Compliments havent stopped pouring in from our guests. We feel so lucky to have had our wedding here. Its memories i will cherish forever.the food was divine,breakfast an absolute must. A little place called home for any couple/wedding party/or anyone in need of a break. My little place i call home. 10 out if 10 guys. I am still speechless..much love. Mr and mrs hughes

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Cluttered room (not a cottage by a long shot and very, very barely self-catering), there are no views and the bathroom left a lot to be desired - a shower head practically falling out of the wall, untidy/incomplete tiling, missing light fixtures and black mold. Sleeping on the first night was difficult considering the amount of noise coming from either the parking area right outside, or on the road, also, right outside. A chair in the room best left to its own devices and a television I'm sure the 1980s would like back. Food was standard and the staff friendly. I don't like to complain and hope that the owner will use this review to help improve the standard of the rooms - give people what they're paying for!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank N L
SacredMountain, Owner at Sacred Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I cannot even begin to respond to this review which is clearly not a description of any of my accommodation and most certainly seems like a fraudulent review. How could a 4 star establishment receive its stars with incomplete tiling and light fittings falling out of the walls? I am completely open to hearing any honest feedback that would constructively assist me in improving my accommodation, so long as it remains real.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We loved our holiday to South Africa, made even more brilliant by staying at Sacred Mountain Lodge. The service was excellent and everything was arranged with pleasure. A trampoline for the kids, laundry service, even a lovely dinner for a big family event. Also, had the most blissful 3 hour indulgent spa treatment at their spa. Delicious breakfasts every morning too. Would definitely recommend choosing here to stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hi everyone

I will agree with most of the comments regarding this establishment. The place is very beautiful and I am happy that we come here for our wedding, however there is the small annoyance of being over promised and under delivered.
Firstly the rooms are over priced, even for the location (I am a local) and are not as glamorous as the website depicts.
If you are planning on getting married at this venue, I will highly recommend the venue, but not the wedding planner. As lovely as she is, she managed to forget many big and small details, such as my wedding date which was a rather big inconvenience for my accommodation arrangements that had been discussed for my international guests several months before the "big day". After this happened I became very untrusting of the planning and tried to be as hands on as possible, even though I was planning from overseas - which is very stressful.
The food was terrible, for the amount that I paid it was way below average and a whole lot of another mishaps such as that.
Towards the end of the evening I began to realise she was being the "Fun police", - There were many times where we were told "to keep it down" in reality its my wedding and we are all very happy. So I feel as if as the only person who was trying to ruin my wedding was in fact the wedding planner.
All in all a very nice place, but not for a function such as a wedding or any function where celebration is involved. Or anything function that requires attention to detail.

3  Thank DachadaWebb
SacredMountain, Owner at Sacred Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank your for taking the time to provide feedback on your wedding. We always appreciate hearing what our guests experience, and I must admit that as the owner and wedding coordinator, I am truly happy that you feel our venue is so beautiful and that you were glad to recommend my venue. I would also like to respond on your comments as I am sure it would also be helpful; to you and others to understand the following:
On your comments regarding accommodation, having coordinated your wedding for months only on email, it is important to note that accommodation, nor wedding date can be held without a deposit. Much shuffling was required in order to accommodate your wedding and accommodation once you finally decided on the date and were able to pay the deposit to secure. Your guests were accommodated in our lodge for 3 days and we appreciate your business as your wedding guests repetitively expressed much appreciation for our rooms, the quality food and excellent service that we provided them.
Food: Wow what a surprise to hear you did not enjoy it, after having been thanked in a special announcement by your father after the meal where he expressed as to the superb food and service delivery thereof. I can assure you that a plated menu for 70 guests with 4 different starters and 4 options for main courses would not be offered even in a 5 star hotel, and we bent over backwards to accommodate your menu requirements, which could not have run more smoothly and the food was "of exceptional standard" as I recall from his thanks.
From sending every guest an email to obtain their menu preference and ensuring each person got exactly what they ordered I can assure you is no easy feat, and I wonder if there is any other wedding coordinator out there that would do this as she realises her bride is far too stressed to deal with such things that she has left to the very last minute.
Regarding the noise levels having gone way past the prescribed time-limits (should be midnight and was in fact past 2am), up to which time the venue had been paid for, and agreeing wholeheartedly about keeping music levels in accordance with the bylaws of a residential area, your band certainly did not stick to the agreement, and with 10 wedding guests singing "We are the champions" way past 2am in the morning was just disrespectful to the arrangement that you had agreed to and signed, as well as my neighbours.

In closing I have been coordinating weddings for many many years, and have always bent over backwards to make sure my brides have the perfect day. Your guests believed your day was perfect. I hope when you look back one day on your overall experience you will remember your wedding day as your guests and family do.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My sister held her wedding here in January and it could not have been more perfect. The place was absolutely beautiful and the staff were brilliant. The owners themselves were very hands on which was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was lovely and I know that the owner, Samantha, was incredibly helpful from start to finish with the wedding plans. I didn't stay here myslef but a couple of the wedding guests did and said it was perfect.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Sam, Sean and their team hosted our wedding recently, and I can't recommend them highly enough. A number of our guests stayed at Sacred Mountain Lodge, and all praised the service, cleanliness and quality of experience.
Situated down a quiet road in picturesque noordhoek! you have incredibly easy access to shops, restaurants, the beach, hiking trails, horse riding, vineyards, and much much more.
Sam is involved in every aspect of the place and does an incredible job. She's calm and personable, very organised, and she really knows what she's doing. All our guests commented on what a beautiful venue it was, and those who stayed there said they'd definitely stay again next time they visit.
The food was glorious, and nothing is too much trouble. Sam has great contacts, including a fantastic florist called Meirelle, and she could easily arrange a perfect wedding for anyone, even if you're planning from overseas.
The service really is some of the finest I've ever had, and with the friendly, 'nothing's too much trouble' feeling, I really can't recommend this place highly enough, regardless of whether you need a perfect wedding venue, or just a great night's sleep.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was very impressed with the website details and photos of this self catering cottages. I booked our long awaited weekend way in advance. Expecting 4star facilities! Arriving with my family late afternoon, booked in the acorn cottage we realized it is not what we expected at all. Not very spacious, dirty bedding and the shower was terrible standard. No bath tub!

For a family with 2 small children it is not ideal. We received a warm welcome and they did do their best to book us into another lodge down the road. When we got there it was very smart and brand new, but also had no bath tub which was the main issue we had. We were stuck in the upstairs family room for the night. Our weekend turned into one big disaster! What a disappointment!
This experience made me realize never to book a place only on what you see on the website!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ChristaCalitz
SacredMountain, Owner at Sacred Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Wow, OK, I think I would like to address this review as I believe that whilst they say our website is misleading, I believe this review to be very misleading. If one clicks on our website and views the photos and description for Acorn cottage it is clear that there is only a shower. This was also in fact telephonically communicated with the guest that booked. On arrival our guest's husband checked in commenting how lovely the cottage was and requested charcoal in order for him to prepare a braai for his family. I offered to buy charcoal and he gladly accepted. When she checked in she requested a baby bath, which I retrieved for her, she then stated that she in fact would prefer a cottage with a bath, I then contacted a client that was occupying Clydesdale Suite and asked if they would be prepared to swap, and they declined. I then contacted a further 3 establishments, battling to find something that suited all of their requirements i.e. self catering family cottage with bath at a low rate close by. Finally the last establishment I called were prepared to offer a a 40% discount on their rates in order to assist me in trying to accommodate our guests at such short notice, which is the rate that I had charged. They advised me that they had a bath, so i find it odd that this was not the case on arrival. Even though we were fully booked, in order to pacify our guest that was by now quite emotional with a crying baby, I did not charge them any balances due, even though I had turned bookings away to accommodate their stay. It is also important to mention that our linen is also 100% white cotton percale with microfibre inners. I think it is fair to say that yes, it is important for guests to ensure that they check details carefully before manufacturing preconceived ideas about what their requirements are, before passing judgement, as establishments cannot always please everybody all of the time.