I have just returned from my 5th business trip to this 4* hotel which has magnificent views of Table Mountain, Cape Town city and surrounding areas from the deluxe sea facing room. This hotel is situated in Milnerton, approx 15 minutes drive along Marine Drive from the V&A waterfront where many delectable restaurants are to be found.
When I arrived and checked in at 9pm, the front desk had problems with the electronic keys which was resolved but could have gone a lot quicker. The hotel lacks ambiance due its vast lobby and the sparse furnishings. If you are looking for a quaint hotel with a homely feel, this would not be the right hotel for you. The hotel has a bar with huge sliding doors leading onto the patio where one of the pools are situated. The restaurant which serves breakfast is unfortunately also considerably big, which means if the hotel is not packed to capacity, you feel slightly lost in that vast room.
I was pleasantly surprised on entering the room to find a complimentary bottle of red wine and a bowl of small cakes. The king size bed, with its firm mattress and big fluffy cushions, is conveniently situated for easy TV viewing on a large flat screen TV. As a business traveller I appreciate the channels such as CNN/BBC. Unfortunately they do not cater for any “small” guests who would definitely lack Cartoon Network or similar. The bed is made up with sheets and blankets. The mini bar, which is located in the cupboard under the TV can be stock, if requested from the hotel. A mini safe is placed in the cupboard in which I store all my valuables. The cupboard has ample hanging space for 1 person and a full length mirror is to be found against one of the cupboard doors. The room has a 2 and 1 seater couch with a small coffee table as well as a writing desk with reading lamp and phone which is suitable for business travellers.
The bathroom, with separate toilet (which has its own phone), is small i.e. not much space to move. The shower itself is huge and the bath big enough for a large person to lie in. The towels are clean, big and fluffy and are replaced daily. Soap/Shampoo/Body Lotion etc is replaced daily.
I made use of room service regularly for both refreshments and food. The food was delivered hot and tasted wonderful and the presentation was great. I was advised, upon placing my order, that I would have to wait approx 30 minutes.
I did not have breakfast, but took the liberty of having a cup of coffee on the patio outside, next to the pool. I did not get charged for this cup of coffee and the staff cleaned the table and chair outside that I was using, without being requested to do so.
I ate at the Wang Thai restaurant situated alongside the hotel. The food they serve is Taiwanese and they prepare the most delicious sushi. I have never been disappointed during any of my previous numerous visits to this restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant. I walked through the hotel and had a short walk along the road to get there. I felt totally secure.
For more information on this hotel, you can visit their website www.threecities.co.za and follow the link “city hotels”
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagoon Beach Hotel offers unequalled vistas of Table Mountain and Atlantic Ocean. Immersed in an atmosphere of contemporary minimalist design and neutral tones, reflecting the natural surrounding environment. Decor is typical of a stylishly appointed modern city hotel. The hotel's 32 beach frontage deluxe suites offer a breathtakingly unique oceanside experience. Ten minutes from Cape Town's Waterfront, with direct access to the beach. Abalone Brassiere is a culinary delight to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagoon Beach Hotel And Apartments
- Lagoon Beach Milnerton
- Lagoon Beach Hotel Apartments
- Lagoon Beach Apartments
- Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa Cape Town/Milnerton