“Our favorite hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Arizona
“Our favorite hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We love Lagoon Beach--but spend the extra dollars and get on of the room facing the ocean. Wall to wall windows....what an amazing view. The rooms are large and well appointed. Breakfast is good---I just can't figure out why it's such a struggle to get salt & pepper shakers. There must be only four sets for the whole room and it's very annoying to have your food get cold while you are waiting for the staff to find them or canvasing the room on your own trying to find them. Reordering things like tabasco sauce seems to be a problem. On Sunday, the staff allowed the bacon, bean trays to be empty...the meat & cheese was gone and most of the bread and roll containers were bare. We've stayed here many times and are a little dismayed by what's happening in the breakfast room....not sure if new management has come in but they need to get sharper.

Room Tip: get a room on the 2nd floor looking at the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear asfem

Thank you for your valued feedback on TA. I am so sorry about what you experienced during breakfast. We are not under new management at all and I will make sure that we do not drop the ball again. Thank you though for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lagoon Beach Hotel very soon.

Kindest regards,

Andre Turnbull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Lagoon beach a couple of times and also used them as a conference venue. As far as four star hotels go, they are pretty much average, especially the rooms. Not bad, but not great either. If it wasn't for the location, there wouldn't be much to it, but the location is really great, in terms of being within quick and easy access to most Cape Town suburbs and nearby towns, and spectacular views from the beach side.. It is clean and neat though, and provides the basics.

The conferencing was very good, with conferencing rooms set up as I wanted, food on time and exceptionally good, etc.
Cocktails on the deck was greeted with possibly one of the best sunset views over Table mountain that one could ever see. This is really one of the drawcards that make some people come back.
For me personally, I liked the fact that I could go for a run on the beach early morning before work, and with this hotel being right on the beach, this was perfect.
Breakfast is really good, with wide variety of choices and again a spectacular view over the beach, sea and Table mountain.

The seafood restaurant next door is a bit pricy, but the dinner menu is really good. It is a drawback though, that this is the only dinner option within walking distance. Also nothing else within walking distance.

Would I recommend this hotel?
For business, yes.
For holiday..... Maybe, if you have transport and are prepared to travel to see the Cape.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Deon L

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and also for your very positive comments about our food and conferencing facilities.

We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms and will have many completed by the end of August which will definitely have you rating us above 3!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lagoon Beach Hotel and please get in touch with me and I will ensure that you are put in one of our new bedrooms. My contact details are on our website.

Kind regards,

Irene, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I regularly stay at Lagoon Beach Apartments, especially when traveling with the family.
They're bigger than you'd expect, with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, a good size lounge and kitchen with modern appliances, if you're in the mood for self catering.
The staff are friendly and the apartments are great value for money, especially in Cape Town.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lagoon or Sea View.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jonathan M
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Jonathan M

Thank you for your comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you too for your support. When you are here next, enquire about our LBH365 Loyalty Program that will give you discounts in our various outlets as well as you can earn points toward a free holiday.

Hope to see you again soon.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and I booked ourselves in at the Lagoon Beach hotel and spa for my birthday. What wonderful service received by Anneline Leaner, the Reception Manager! She was extremely helpful and efficient and even organised a little surprise for me in the room! This made my birthday extra special. It was such a pleasure staying at "The Island" suite - it was very spacious with a homely feel to it. The only down side was that the bedroom's sliding door could not open and the maintenance repair man never came to fix it as promise.
The service in general at reception, the restaurant staff and room service were good, excellent service received by the waitrons at the restaurant and the ladies at the spa. The food was very tasty except for the pastries served for breakfast which was doughy and wasn't fresh and flaky but dense and dry - (I am a baker - sorry).

Furthermore, I will definitely go back and hoping to make a booking for December this year.

Well done, Anneline and your team!

Regards

Rowan Layters

Room Tip: Rooms with a full sea view makes the stay more pleasant!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rowan L
Dear Rowan L

Thank you so much for your review. I will definitely ensure that Annie sees this review. Thank you too for the praise of the rest of our team and I sincerely hope you had an amazing birthday and we look forward to seeing you again in December.

Kind regards,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 7, 2013

When you do not want to stray off too far during your stay, this hotel offers ample opportunities for a run along the beach, enjoy great vistas of Table Mountain, Robben Island and Cape Town in the distance. I found reception extremely efficient and helpful, and staff were courteous and friendly. Room was adequate and spacious for one person, would have liked a few more satellite channels on TV. No noticeable outside noises. Rooms on 1st floor are being refurbished. Room pricing probably a bit high.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear MJMSH

Thank you for your positive feedback of Lagoon Beach Hotel. It is always uplifting to hear guys that have enjoyed their stay with us and that our hard work is paying off.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

where
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was booked in for 4 nights but changed to one night after checking in, switching to the Westin, which for a few rand more, is in a totally different league. The location is good, but there is no way on Gods earth that this is a 4 star hotel, 2 star trying to be 3 star, but no possible way its 4 star. The room is not bad, (my desk was collapsing, but otherwise fine), but its the small things that show its true status. I asked for an iron and ironing board - the ironboard should have been thrown away a while ago, burnt, fraying, with a towel stuffed under it to make it possibly useable, the iron had a cord that was fraying. Cheap, nasty. The gym was okay, but the running machine was broken. The bar was okay, but the draught was off. I've stayig in many cheap hotels and thats fine, because you know what to expect, but this was trying to be somethig is so clearly wasn't.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jay b
Dear jay b

Thanks for your review. I was disappointed to read you thought our hotel was a 2 star hotel based on there being no draught in the bar, the running machine was in for repairs and the ironing board was damaged?

But whether I think your rating is valid or not has no bearing here, I sincerely apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy your time with us and I hope that you were more satisfied with the 5 star hotel you went to after the first night and that your general stay in Cape Town was an enjoyable one.

buckinghamshire
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Attended a conference over a few days , when we arrived , we were not very impressed with the customer service , quite slow and we had the opinion that they were not that used to international clientele . The rooms were also very dated , scuffed furniture , very dirty curtains and netting and carpets . I wouldn't stay again as I also believe that the hotel is overpriced . I must also comment about the gym , archaic and very rusted equipment .

The only saving grace for me , was my ocean room apartment and breakfast included in the price wasn't too bad and meals are inexpensive

The hotel is built like an institution of some sort

Room Tip: If you have to stay here opt for an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear shalom7

Thank you for your review. We take all criticism as constructive so that we learn from possible mistake we make.

My apologies that you did not enjoy your time with us.

Andre Turnbull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,675 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
South Beach Camps Bay
South Beach Camps Bay
#2 of 12 in Camps Bay
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#67 of 106 in Cape Town Central
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
#26 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!