“Couldnt have asked for better!”

Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here, in one of the self-catering aparments with my family in April 2013.....the apartment as immaculate, supurb location and spacious. We had a view overlooking the lagoon. We did, however, have a small issue with one of the windows, but the hotel resolved it within minutes for us.
The hotel and staff were very helpful and friendly - would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime!!!
Although, the only disadvantage was there wasnt any sort of activities for the children - however, with the ocean and lagoon and pool at your disposal, what more do you really need???

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Joni K

I am delighted that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us in the Lagoon Beach Apartments.

I am also glad that we were able to react quickly when you had a problem with your window.

Hope you had a safe trip back to the UK and we look forward to welcoming you on your return to South Africa.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at Lagoon Beach Hotel in Cape Town, Milnerton for 10 days in February 2013. It was our guide Heidi Whites, Ukholo Travels and Tours, who recommended the hotel. We got to know her when we visited Cape Town the first time two years ago, and we contacted her this year when we planned a new trip to lovely Cape Town. We asked her to suggest a hotel on a long beach to stroll on. And the Lagoon Beach Hotel was just that.

We staid on the 1st floor in a two bed apartment with partly sea view. The apartment was big and airy, with a fully equipped kitchen, nice living area with a dinner table for 6 and a big terrace balcony where we could sit and look over the sea and the long shore, with a glint of Woodbridge Island’s Light House in the distance and the lagoon.

Rosemare in the reception welcomed us and took good care of us with all the arrangements during our stay, always smiling and helpful. La Mizu was beautiful with a big wooden deck terrace where you could enjoy your coffee, a light meal or a drink together with the panoramic views of the sea and Table Mountain. That was luxury, especially when the service you got always was friendly and alert.

Because Lagoon Beach Hotel was situated some 10 minutes drive away from Waterfront’s restaurants we preferred to dine in La Mizu, The Brasserie, Zorba’s and Wang Thai. The food and the atmosphere were enjoyable in each of them. While staying at Lagoon Beach our guide Heidi took us on a wine trip to Stellenbosch and a safari to Fairy Glen, but the rest of the days we spent walking on the white sanded, kilometers long beach and bird watching along the Lagoon promenade.

We would recommend Lagoon Beach Hotel to everyone who wants to enjoy panoramic views, long strolls on the beach and along a lagoon, relaxed atmosphere, good food and excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ingalill T T

Dear Ingalill T T

Thank you for your kind words. I will definitley pass on your commets to our team as this will definitely give them encouragement to continue to perform well.

We hope you had a safe trip back and that we will see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Although our room assignment, after booking through bookings.com was wrong, the Duty Manager at the front desk resolved the issue without a hiccup and gave us the best beach apartment of all. The staff are all very friendly and the hotel is the only one I know of that has direct beachfront access. Even though there is so much to do in Cape Town, it is almost a waste to leave the hotel as the beach and views are more than anyone can hope for. I will certainly come back to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Olivierfour

Thank you for your comments. You are quite right, we are the only hotel in Cape Town with direct beach access and of course we have the most beautiful view!

I will pass your comments on to our staff who will take great pride in reading the positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for the 2013 Cape Town Jazz festival. The hotel probably has the best location in the whole of SA, being right on Milnerton Beach. The view, especially from the main restaurant, is out of this world.

Rooms are spacious if a bit oldish. The hotel needs to up its game in terms of maintenance. One sometimes got the sense that things that should have been repaired had been painted over.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. On three of the four mornings I was there they offered to do my ironing instead of bring me an iron. The front desk staff was also friendly and efficient and promptly changed my room without any hassle when I requested it. (I didn't like the view which was of the road outside).

My biggest gripe is that breakfast was identical, morning after morning. No change whatsoever. By the fourth morning I had had enough and took my chances at having breakfast at the airport.

Otherwise the place is good value for money.

Room Tip: If you have not paid for a seafacing room ask for a garden facing room, for which they don't cha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Lindiwe K

Hope you enjoyed the Jazz in Cape Town. We certainly enjoyed having all that stayed with us over that period here.

We are planning a room refurbishment which should iron out any room maintenance issues.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I usually stay over at the Lagoon Beach Hotel on my business trips to Cape Town. The food is Devine, Try the Springbok Ravioli for starters. The best I ever had. The have a short but exciting menu, very friendly staff and a neat and quite Hotel.
Having supper looking at the sunset and see the lights of Cape Town come to life as it got darker was a sublime experience.
If you want a quiet, stay with good food and very friendly staff, put this Hotel on your list, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HermanK449

Dear Herman K

Great to have you back with us and am glad we delivered on our promise and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days in February (apologies for the late review!) The hotel is fantastic. It has the most amazing views both from the sea front rooms and the restaurant. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Of course the hotel wouldn't be the same without the staff who are friendly, kind and willing to do anything to help you enjoy your stay. Special thanks to Camryn, Rosemare, Simba, Thingy, Mike to name but a few. The food is exquisite in the restaurant and if they haven't got on the menu something you fancy they will pull out all the stops to provide it. Thanks again guys, we hope to be back soon! Wendy & Jock

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wendy and Jock

We can’t wait to have you with us again. The staff mentioned in your review all remember you and we are always happy to attend to any request.

I have conveyed your thanks to the staff and we are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here at the end of a group tour around Southern Africa; I was drawn to this property by the views of Table Mountain that could be enjoyed from the terrace. This hotel is great if you like a nice view and beachfront location, but unfortunately it was quite far from many of the activities I would partake of while in Cape Town. There was a shuttle available, which went to and from the V&A Waterfront, but it only ran at a few set times throughout the day, and I had to get in fast, as it booked up quickly. I was grateful for it though, as it was cheaper (and probably safer) than a taxi. However, being a bit 'out of the way' was probably the only real drawback of this hotel.
The room was clean and spacious, plus secure. The staff were friendly and helpful, very obliging when I encountered problems with my room keycard, or when I wanted to organise activities, etc. They really know how to do a good breakfast here - everything, from continental to full hot breakfast was available, and was tasty too. A big plus, as included breakfast is important to me when booking a hotel. The bar/restaurant offered great fare at reasonable prices; I discovered a new favourite drink during my stay here - the White Chocolate Cosmopolitan! What a treat, to sip one as a sundowner, while admiring the sunset (and the Mountain views!). Thank you to all involved in making my stay a pleasant one!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jo G

Thank you for your kind words and you can be assured that I will share your review with our staff. They really enjoy being praised for a job well done.

I hope you had a good tour of Southern Africa and you got home safely.

André Turnbull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
#2 of 12 in Camps Bay
POD Camps Bay
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!