“Stunning Views”

Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It really is a great hotel with an amazing staff.
The only problem is it's quite far from everything, I mean everything...
The hotel restaurant is outrageously priced and the Greek restaurant next door is awful.
So the only other dining option is a Thai restaurant (3min walk), which is really good.

The pool and the spa is very good, of course the view of Cape Town is absolutely breath taking. The complimentary breakfast is very good as well.

The only down side of this hotel is it's location...

Room Tip: If you're gonna stay here, try an get a room with a view...very hard to get, have to book very e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear F35Captain

Thank you for your comments and I really glad that you think we have a great hotel with amazing staff. It is always encouraging to read positive reviews.

I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your meal at Zorbas, one of our outsourced restaurants but I will ensure to inform the owner of this.

I hope you were able to make use of our free shuttles so that Cape Town was more accessible to you.

Plymouth England
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 x nights in a Junior Suite. The room was not quite ready on our arrival, On an inspection of the suite, we found that out of 3 patio doors (yes 3) only one was able to be opened, and this with extreme difficulty, even more so when the adjoining window fell apart !We duly managed to get the maintainence chap out who did his best to fix it, However we could not lock the balcony door during our stay. The entire suite needs a good make over, the curtains were not connected to the rail properly, carpets were frayed, a standard lamp was ripped.
However, the suite itself was fine, no shortage of space, 7, yes 7, wardrobe spaces, 2 x televisions, one huge balcony with the sun and lovely views of Table Mountain and Cape Town with the sea lapping just a few yards away.
The breakfast was extremely good and plentiful, as were the meals, we had both there, and in the Zorba's restaurant just outside (highly reccommended).
If you do stay there it is advisable to have a car, as the city centre is about 10 minutes drive away, parking at the hotel is free, supervised, and hassle free. Canal Walk shopping mall (supposed to be the largest in Africa) is about 10 minutes drive from the hotel and is well worth a visit, if you want to stay in your wife's good books !
We did get looked upon favourable by the friendly staff when it was time to leave, after explaining what we thought should be done, especially regarding our suite.
Hope this review doesn't put people off altogether, as the hotel couldn't be situated in a more quiet location and not bad value for money.

Room Tip: A sea facing room is a must. A suite is really too big for just 2 people, unless you need 2 televisi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarryPlymouthEngland
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear HarryPlymouthEngland

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is always good to read positive reviews on our food and service. My sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered in your room. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms so the next time you visit Cape Town please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@lagoonbeachhotel.co.za and I will make sure you are very well looked after.

Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was very surprised to see this modern spacious hotel,where I were booked in on a conference and stayed in a comfortable junior suite.The food was very enjoyable (usually large quatities are not prepared with care )but in this case I was wrong,especially the desserts I highly recommend . I noticed that the hotel cater for the asian market (their needs are fully catered for). The service dissappointed me a bit as the roomservice attendant took my order wrong,then when I refused to pay for her error,slammed the phone in my face . This is something unheard of in the Service Industry (im in the industry myself for 15 years),but a very friendly and attentive Jacob apologized on her behalf. Jacob also called me back the previous day ,to put my mind at ease about my reservation. I love the beautuful setting,not traffic noise at night,good food ,comfortable room,beautiful views . I will certainly visit again..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear HarryPlymouthEngland

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed February 17, 2013

a very nice place with table mountain view n a great beach, great for all. the only problem was traveling to cape town city some times, its was very expensive to travel to city from there. it would be great if hotel could arrange for frequent transport to the city. the staff was very helpful but it was really difficult to make them understand a very very normal requirement of mine "a glass of water". over all a very nice place to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank k4r7ik
Dear k4r7ik

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel does in fact provide free shuttles to the Waterfront that can be booked. This shuttle leaves the hotel and Waterfront at scheduled times.

I hope you will return to Lagoon Beach Hotel very soon.

Regards,

Brisbane
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have just spent four days in Milnerton near Capetown for a conference. The hotel is very pleasant with great view of the ocean and Table Mountain. The service was very good and the facilities clean and modern. WiFi is free but quite slow. the breakfast was also good and typical of buffet breakfasts. The room was comfortable and with a great view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear aquarianmark

Thank you so much for your comments on TA. I trust you had a successful conference and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,

Shaldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here in the past three months. The attraction is the fantastic views of Cape Town and Table Mountain. Last time I shared a garden room with my Granddaughter which was adequate if a little dated, but this time my husband and I plumped for the full works of luxury room with sea view. These rooms are also dated and need attention to such things as loose grab rails, mouldy tiling in bathroom, faulty balcony doors, leaking a/c system and general tiredness of decor. The lower the number the better the view but go for second floor because the rooms on the first floor are directly over the function rooms and boy do you know it - the loud disco music is certainly not conducive to restful sleep. Breakfast is adequate and bar staff are friendly and helpful. Reception are not particularly helpful and did not carry through promises made and as for the transport section I would advise to avoid at all times. This section is run by Tusk Travel and last time I stayed here I was horrified that they charged me double fare (not cheap in the first place) for transport after 9pm but neglected to tell me this until we returned. As part of their packages the hotel offer a free shuttle service to the Waterfront but journeys are few and far between and times fairly inconvenient and if you are not one of the lucky 8 persons to be allocated a seat then you will have to pay them an exorbitant taxi fare to get anywhere. We were told we could only have two spaces for our party of four as the shuttle was full but we could have a taxi for 150 rand for two people. If we wanted a taxi for four people it would cost us 350 rand??? We decided to wait and when the shuttle actually arrived 20 minutes late we were the only passengers on it. Something is desperately wrong with this system and needs attention. We did not have enough time to eat and get the last shuttle back at 9.15 so booked a very reasonable taxi back at 10.30 pm for 150 rand for the 4 of us. Complaints to reception fell on deaf ears. As they say 'buyer beware'.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shish57
Dear shish57

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have been in contact with our outsourced transfer supplier and raised your concerns and I sincerely apologise for the frustration you were subjected to.

I hope that we will see you at Lagoon Beach Hotel again soon.

André Turnbull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
The Bay Hotel
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#33 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 109 in Cape Town Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside

Been to Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!