Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
StayEasy Century City(Milnerton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
SUN1 Milnerton(Milnerton)
$41
Island Club Hotel & Apartments(Century City)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
Colosseum Luxury Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
$130
$115
Priceline
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Bloubergstrand)(Great Value!)
$86
$60
Agoda.com
$63
Hotels.com
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers(Century City)(Great Value!)
$153
Century City Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
$134
Myoli Accommodation(Bloubergstrand)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,745 results
All reviewstable mountaincape townsea viewcanal walktravel deskshuttle servicereception stafffree shuttlebusiness tripenjoyed my stayrobben islandmizuconferencehoneymoonct
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Lagoon Beach Hotel has been an amazing experience in terms of customer service going way beyond the expected. All the staff are friendly and helpful. A special accolade to Rosemary - attentive and friendly yet professional - well done and thank you for the extra surprises....and the view is brilliant!! .

Room Tip: Book a mini / jumior suite - the space is well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear EliseScholtz

Thank you for your comments on TA. It’s wonderful to read a review where a staff member gets mentioned. Rosemarie actually won a hotel accolade for the month of August which is testament to her hard work and that of the whole Lagoon Beach Team.

We are adopting an attitude of 100% accountability with 0 excuses and it seems to be working!

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel next time you visit Cape Town.

Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Period of stay: 8/22 ~ 8/28 2012

Now, where should I start?

Lagoon Beach Hotel is located just off a beach so I would say that access to beaches are very easy. The hotel offers 5 free shuttles services per day to two of the largest malls which makes life a bit easier. However, there aren't any real shops around the hotel and you really need a car to get around. Private taxi is expensive and you definitely don't want to use a taxi all day long.

The hotel do cater for tourist groups hence you better be prepared for large influx of tourists during your stay. I've seen 2 groups during my six days of stay... As a result, I never opened the sliding door facing the sea during moring times as you can hear tourist chatting & all during the breakfast times.

I find the breakfast pretty average and I would say that you will get a better meal else-where.

Pick & Pay (supermarket) is found all over the place and if you want something more up-market, go for Woolworth.

Overall, I would say the hotel offers great views (if you get the full sea view) and the staff there is very friendly & helpful. However, I wouldn't be staying there for couples' get away or a romantic stay due to the number of tourist groups that I saw during my stay.

Room Tip: You should definitely upgrade to full sea view dexlue room or better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank case_mod

Dear case_mod

Thank you for your comments on TA. It is largely through guest feedback that we are able to continually improve our offering at Lagoon Beach Hotel and we continually strive to improve.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and you can be assured that you comment with regards to breakfast will be addressed as we pride ourselves on our good food.

Many thanks,

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year. We are from Sydney Australia and had booked the room through expedia whilst in Malaysia. We arrived very early so our room wasn't ready so we were put in another room to wait. I think my husband has booked a sea facing room or something like that. The staff apologised to us for waiting and told us they would upgrade us. We were amazed when we were led later into the Presidential Suite! What a major upgrade! The suite had two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, dining, kitchen, bar etc. The views and full length balcony ran the whole length of the building with views of Table Mountain and the ocean right in front of us. The breakfast was fabulous and the staff very friendly. I find it very hard to believe that people's money was stolen. My husband and I had our suitcases unlocked the whole time and nothing was ever touched! We also left tips out for the staff every day but they didn't take it. In the end we had to write "please take tip" with an arrow pointing to the money!

Thank you so much Lagoon Beach Hotel! You made the start to our South Africa stay last year so very special. No one has every upgraded us before anywhere in the world!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubystaff

Dear rubystaff

Thanks so much for this review in Trip Advisor. I am so glad that your trip to South Africa started off so well and that we were able to partake in the success of it.

We have worked very hard to ensure that our guests are very well looked after and that they feel safe and secure and I am delighted that we were able to achieve this during your stay.

We hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went to cape town with my wife and stayed in this hotel for 5 days during the end of November 2011. The hotel is located on a very beautiful and clean beach and seems to be isolated from city traffic. But they have a daily shuttle service to V& A waterfront everyday that you have to book in advance as generally it's overbooked.

I booked a sea-view facing room for 5 days but on arrival i was surprised to get a road facing room which the hotel called "partial sea facing" because sea is visible when you stand in the extreme corner of the room. But after i complained about the goof-up to my travel agent, the Hotel manager was quick to seek a personal apology from us and explained his inability to provide sea-facing room on day 1 (as the all rooms were completed sold out) and instead compensated us by moving to a better/bigger room, providing 1 dinner for two in their restaurant at no charge and providing complimentary spa vouchers for the couple. Although it was not the most pleasant of experience on the first day of your Honeymoon but the additional goodies offered were sufficient enough to tempt us and gracefully accept the apology.

The climate was very windy and ocean water was cold, so we were not able to enjoy the beach too much. We took the spa on day 1 and it was good enough to make me sleep during the session itself.

Next day, as promised by the manager, we were moved to a new room - full sea facing. Let me tell you, the views from the personal balcony as well as from the room were breathtaking with table mountain, the ocean & wonderful breeze presenting you one of the most beautiful feel of your life, throughout the day and night. The room was spacious with a small sofa-set & a comfortable bed, a bathroom with separate shower & bathtub and was very neat and clean. I would rate this room better them ordinary rooms of some great 5 star properties. I am not sure about other rooms but would definitely recommend "Deluxe Sea View Room" to all who want to stay in this hotel.

The most important piece - Food. My wife is a vegetarian & being from India has a very little choice for food in western countries. On the first evening, I called the chef and asked him to help us with something of his choice, made of rice, which is a little spicy and completely veg. The food arrived - was a big portion, enough for two of us. As soon as we tried the vegetable fried rice sent to us, we were surprised to eat such a delicious, mouth watering dinner overseas. I must tell you that all the following in-room lunches/dinners in the hotel, specially made by chef on our request were equally good and sometimes even better than what you can find in India even. We didn't find better food in other parts of South Africa during our forward journey. Kudos to the chef!!

The buffet breakfast is set-up early in the morning and is average as compared to the dinner we had. We ended up eating beans, eggs almost everyday morning and I noticed that almost all the hotels I visited in Sun City & Jo'berg after cape town (all 5 star properties compared to 4 star Lagoon Beach), too had similar average breakfasts and only had a bigger spread.

The hotel also has a swimming pool next to a bar and the ocean and is a great area to chill out with a beer and the incredible view.

The hotel staff is very courteous and have lovely names. We met "Gift" at the reception who helped us book a taxi and suggested a mall to visit nearby and was very courteous. My wife still remembers the name.

I must recommend this hotel to all who are visiting Cape town on vacation as it is close to nature , has a breathtaking view and has very good food of your choice (of course on personal request to chef) compared to properties located in the middle of city. I am sure you would not regret your decision, as even after 1 year we still remember & miss the room, view and food. Given an opportunity, i would again like to travel to SA and stay in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in partial sea facing room. Only book the full sea facing room preferably towards the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
LagoonBeachTeam, General Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Elize H

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that you left feeling relaxed and pampered.

We are, in fact, the only hotel with direct beach access in Cape Town and with unrivalled views of Table Mountain, Lagoon Beach Hotel is definitely the place to be.

Please keep an eye out for specials on our website and come back and visit us soon. We are in the middle of a soft refurbishment which should be completed before the end of September. You wouldn’t recognise the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is one of the few in Cape Town, located directly on the beach. It is quiet and peaceful with a beautiful view of Table Mountain and Cape Town and Milnerton beach. All staff were very friendly and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. Breakfast buffet is delicious with a wide selection of treats to choose from. Requests for 1 or 2 things from housekeeping were dealt with swiftly. The safe in the room would not lock but security sorted it out quickly.
A special turndown was done in our room on Friday night while we were out. It was an unexpected treat and it makes one feel pampered.
I had a relaxing massage in the Spa on Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and facilities available. I can surely recommend guests to make use of this super facility available in the hotel.
Overall it was a very relaxing weekend and i can recommend this hotel to people who want to relax a bit and be pampered.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple