“Fair”

and 1 more site!
StayEasy Century City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent location and affordable to the whole family,stone throw to the biggest mall,accessible to the central business area with ease.its also in the centre of business hub of century city.highly recommend for low buget

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your reviews following your recent trip to our hotel.

Our hotel location is perfect for business and leisure travellers. We will be refurbishing our rooms this year which will further enhance the guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The chief assets of this property are the staff, the price and the location. The facility itself has zero charm and ambiance. It is best as a place to just sleep. Don't expect any more than that. This is not a luxury resort. It is a business hotel, nothing more. But . . . It is clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet, although uninspired, is tasty enough and good value. The rooms are clean, but small and dated.

When I arrived and saw the place I determined to check out at the earliest possible moment, after seeing how basic the room was. But after a couple of days, it turned out that it works out as a great place to base one's explorations of Cape Town and the surrounding area. It was so easy to work from that the place grew on me. It was extremely convenient to get to and from.

The hotel is between an amusement park and an enormous mall where you can buy just about anything you might need. There are also several very good restaurants in the mall, which is good since the hotel only offers the breakfast buffet. It was nice to have so many different dinner options within a few minutes walk.

The staff are what distinguish the experience. They were uniformly very very friendly and helpful. The lack of charm in the facility itself is more than made up by the warmth, charm and hospitality shown by the staff who do an excellent job at keeping the place clean and running smoothly.

It was safe and completely quiet at night, so sleep was not a problem

In the end I wound up staying for the entire length of my trip. I would do so again.

Cape Town is such a wonderful destination in and of itself, that you will find that you really don't need a fancy hotel to delight the senses. You get all that just by getting out and around Cape Town itself.

It would work well as a family destination since between the mall and the amusement park there are plenty of distractions to entertain even the most surly of teenagers as well as younger children

Cape Town Center is an easy 15 minutes away by car. After a day in the noise and bustle there, I found myself looking forward to escaping out of town to the relative peace and quiet of the StayEasy.

One drawback: The wifi is crummy. You get 250MB per day, after which you have to pay. The performance is erratic. You will need wifi since the TV is local content only and not worth turning on. But there is no reason to do anything more than sleep there anyway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank-you for your detailed and thorough commentary following your recent holiday to Cape Town and our hotel.

Despite the few shortcoming, I'm pleased that your stay was memorable. The hotel has a scheduled rooms refurbishment in 2014 which will add renewed delight for all our guests.

I hope we can continue to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

having read the mixed reviews we were not sure what to expect, however from the very friendly and helpful reception, to the decent breakfasts, clean rooms and accessability to shops, restaurants, Cape Town etc etc etc, we had no complaints at all and have recommended it to several friends since returning home. The only gripe was poor directions to get there, but once sorted, it is really easy to get to.

Room Tip: ask for clear directions when you book.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank-you for taking the time and giving me and our fellow travellers your valuable feedback.

I am pleased to note that your enjoyed your stay and that the hotels location made a difference to your trip.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This hotel is well located for easy access to the city and all the places worth visiting in Cape Town. The rooms are not large but they have everything necessary for a comfortable stay. Breakfast is a treat, but again, do not expect five star service on a three star budget. This place has it all on an affordable budget.

Room Tip: We could see Table Mountain from our room. The opposite side does not have such a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank-you for your feedback and comments following your recent visit.

I am pleased that the hotels service, facilities and location all added value to your stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable for one person but according to the advertising the room can take up to 3 people. The rates are very reasonable and breakfast is included in the rates. For a medium budget hotel it was good. The breakfast spread had good options to choose from and would suite everyone’s taste. Just note, they only serve scrambled eggs and do not do eggs ie sunny side up, omelettes. They breakfast is a predetermined small buffet.

Draw backs, the hotel is right next to Canal Walk Mall, there is no “pretty” views from the hotel. It’s basically next to the highway. At 3 am my room smelt like a bakery from all the croissants being baked that time of the morning. After the 3rd night it becomes irritating.
I would recommend this hotel for a quick stop over.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your comments following your recent visit.

I sincerely apologise for the baking odours experienced. Canal Walk shopping centre has been notified of the problem and will address it with the respective operators.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I can complain about almost everything – the small room, the noisy street, the leaking shower, the lack of soap and body lotion in the bathroom, the KFC smell hanging in the air (constantly), the short wire of the hairdryer, small bath towels and and and…
BUT I should have managed my expectations better. This is a budget hotel and I cannot compare it with the more luxurious, and more expensive hotels I recently stayed in.
So, if you are expecting budget accommodation, no frills, a clean room, free wi-fi, comfortable bed and close proximity to Century City, then Stay Easy Century City is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the shopping centre
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ADavis1977
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback and comments. Despite the shortcoming experienced versus other hotels you stayed in, I'm pleased that as a budget brand, we met your expectations.

The hotel has a scheduled refurbishement in 2014 and many of the areas highlighted, will be addressed. The external smells with be investigated with the shopping centre and corrected.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently my daughter and I was researching for a place to stay in Cape Town for our week long vacation during the school holidays. A place which will be near a shopping mall as we will be going by plane. By boss recommended Stay Easy, Century City and I checked also online for reviews about the hotel.
One reviewer advise to ask for the fourth floor with windows facing the mountain, and I did that. The service was excellent as I made bookings from Namibia, the staff very helpful. They arranged for a pick up at the airport, and I really will recommend the service of one of the drivers they arranged for us. His name is Emeka, very friendly and safety conscious as we were two ladies. He had a vast knowledge of the tourist side, how to get there and how to go about without getting lost. We never had to wait for more than 10minutes to be collected after we called him.
And I can complement the hotel in getting the best services for their clients.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would call at least twice in the day to confirm if we needed anything. Rooms were very neat. Thought the blankets was very thin the heating system in the room made up for it. We arrived on Sunday the 25th August 2013 left Saturday 31st.
The normal time to book out of the hotel is : 11am, but they allow us to book out at 2pm, which I really appreciated so much as our flight back was at 5pm the afternoon. And at 1pm we were still at Robben Island as the departing time was delayed.

Would I recommend Stay Easy Hotel at Century City to anyone ….YES!!!! Will I go back there again most certainly yes…..Peaceful, safe place to stay. The best so far.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beucarol
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay. The overall service delivered by my team and the efficient and friendly service from the company shuttle driver adds to ensuring a memorable stay . I will share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jurgen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Colosseum Luxury Hotel
#1 of 4 in Century City
Island Club Hotel & Apartments
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers

Been to StayEasy Century City? Share your experiences!