“Value for money”

StayEasy Century City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable for one person but according to the advertising the room can take up to 3 people. The rates are very reasonable and breakfast is included in the rates. For a medium budget hotel it was good. The breakfast spread had good options to choose from and would suite everyone’s taste. Just note, they only serve scrambled eggs and do not do eggs ie sunny side up, omelettes. They breakfast is a predetermined small buffet.

Draw backs, the hotel is right next to Canal Walk Mall, there is no “pretty” views from the hotel. It’s basically next to the highway. At 3 am my room smelt like a bakery from all the croissants being baked that time of the morning. After the 3rd night it becomes irritating.
I would recommend this hotel for a quick stop over.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your comments following your recent visit.

I sincerely apologise for the baking odours experienced. Canal Walk shopping centre has been notified of the problem and will address it with the respective operators.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours truly,

Jurgen Stumges

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I can complain about almost everything – the small room, the noisy street, the leaking shower, the lack of soap and body lotion in the bathroom, the KFC smell hanging in the air (constantly), the short wire of the hairdryer, small bath towels and and and…
BUT I should have managed my expectations better. This is a budget hotel and I cannot compare it with the more luxurious, and more expensive hotels I recently stayed in.
So, if you are expecting budget accommodation, no frills, a clean room, free wi-fi, comfortable bed and close proximity to Century City, then Stay Easy Century City is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the shopping centre
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ADavis1977
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback and comments. Despite the shortcoming experienced versus other hotels you stayed in, I'm pleased that as a budget brand, we met your expectations.

The hotel has a scheduled refurbishement in 2014 and many of the areas highlighted, will be addressed. The external smells with be investigated with the shopping centre and corrected.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jurgen Stumges

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently my daughter and I was researching for a place to stay in Cape Town for our week long vacation during the school holidays. A place which will be near a shopping mall as we will be going by plane. By boss recommended Stay Easy, Century City and I checked also online for reviews about the hotel.
One reviewer advise to ask for the fourth floor with windows facing the mountain, and I did that. The service was excellent as I made bookings from Namibia, the staff very helpful. They arranged for a pick up at the airport, and I really will recommend the service of one of the drivers they arranged for us. His name is Emeka, very friendly and safety conscious as we were two ladies. He had a vast knowledge of the tourist side, how to get there and how to go about without getting lost. We never had to wait for more than 10minutes to be collected after we called him.
And I can complement the hotel in getting the best services for their clients.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would call at least twice in the day to confirm if we needed anything. Rooms were very neat. Thought the blankets was very thin the heating system in the room made up for it. We arrived on Sunday the 25th August 2013 left Saturday 31st.
The normal time to book out of the hotel is : 11am, but they allow us to book out at 2pm, which I really appreciated so much as our flight back was at 5pm the afternoon. And at 1pm we were still at Robben Island as the departing time was delayed.

Would I recommend Stay Easy Hotel at Century City to anyone ….YES!!!! Will I go back there again most certainly yes…..Peaceful, safe place to stay. The best so far.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beucarol
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay. The overall service delivered by my team and the efficient and friendly service from the company shuttle driver adds to ensuring a memorable stay . I will share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at three Stay Easy Hotels in 8 days; began with Stay Easy Lusaka for three nights, then two at East gate Joburg and another three at Century City, Cape Town. I would say the best service and amenities was in Lusaka where the staff was really friendly and attended to your every need promptly, The worst was East gate Johannesburg. My room had loose sockets and when I requested for them to be repaired, this was not done and further enquiry about the same yielded a report that the matter had been reported to maintenance department and that was that. Because of this I had to recharge my cell phone from the reception area leading to one of phone having its charging system damaged! Century City Stay Easy was better than Johannesburg in that the reception was generally fine apart from one lady who did not seem to have time to attend to my query (She off handedly referred me to her colleague without as much looking at me as she spoke) Rather rude! Her colleague was however very cheerful and attended to me in jovial manner. She genuinely smiled at me the next morning in the hotel foyer. The rooms are rather small in all the three hotels but they served the purpose just fine. No In House restaurant in all hotels...maybe because they are all situated next to large shopping malls. I am not sure I would stay at the Johannesburg hotel again. I would certainly stay at the Lusaka Hotel again and I would not mind so much the Century City hotel...what with that magnificent Canal Walk Shopping Mall just a minute's walk away.

Room Tip: If you are travelling to South Africa from a country which uses square pin sockets, be sure a carry...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank-you for your detailed feedback with the StayEasy brand whilst travelling in Zambia and South Africa.

I am disappointed to hear about the technical and service related problems, I will share this with the relevant hotels and my team. I am pleased to note all your positive experiences with friendly staff and great locations.

Thank-you for your ongoing support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent two nights for a short trip to Cape Town and absolutely satisfied. Excellent location (opposite to the Canal Walk mall), good breakfast, clean room, very reasonable rate and very fast and easy checkin and checkout. Variety of food choice in the mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank-you for your detailed feedback on the hotel and it's facilities in a favourable business and leisure location at Century City.
I am pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel often, and the friendly efficient staff is the one thing that keeps me going back there. The recent upgrade to free WIFI is a great idea. Only negative points is that the rooms are a bit noisy sometimes and the bedding in the one room was dirty. A complete replacement of the bedding- mabey doing Duvets instead of tge scrachy blankets might be a good idea.

• Stayed: July 2013
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank-you for your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am disappointed to note that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. The StayEasy brand is offering the blanket with top sheet in all rooms. For guests that prefer to sleep with a duvet, we will gladly offer these on request.

I am pleased to note that the staff have made your stay memorable and I will share this with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed at the Stay Easy Canal Walk for the weekend and we booked two rooms with an inter-leading door. Unfortunately the rooms were tiny and claustrophobic. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 2 and it just became impossible due to the space constraints. Additionally, we had recently stayed at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel down the road and found their suite was larger than the two rooms we booked at Stay Easy. The rate at the Colosseum for the suite (which very comfortably housed our entire family) was cheaper than the Stay Easy rate too. Breakfast at the Stay Easy was not bad, but however when comparing with the Colosseum, it fell short.

Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the small rooms and would rather recommend the Colosseum. They are better value for money, larger rooms and better breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank-you for your comments and feedback. The StayEasy brand is a 2 star economy brand hotel and thus does not easiliy compete in the full service 4 star market.
Seasonal winter rates are readily available in Cape Town whereas our StayEasy brand operates a standard room rate all year round, remaining a true value for money destination.

Jurgen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Century City
StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl
StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl
#70 of 112 in Cape Town Central

Been to StayEasy Century City? Share your experiences!