“It was Worth It!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Windhoek, Namibia
“It was Worth It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently my daughter and I was researching for a place to stay in Cape Town for our week long vacation during the school holidays. A place which will be near a shopping mall as we will be going by plane. By boss recommended Stay Easy, Century City and I checked also online for reviews about the hotel.
One reviewer advise to ask for the fourth floor with windows facing the mountain, and I did that. The service was excellent as I made bookings from Namibia, the staff very helpful. They arranged for a pick up at the airport, and I really will recommend the service of one of the drivers they arranged for us. His name is Emeka, very friendly and safety conscious as we were two ladies. He had a vast knowledge of the tourist side, how to get there and how to go about without getting lost. We never had to wait for more than 10minutes to be collected after we called him.
And I can complement the hotel in getting the best services for their clients.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would call at least twice in the day to confirm if we needed anything. Rooms were very neat. Thought the blankets was very thin the heating system in the room made up for it. We arrived on Sunday the 25th August 2013 left Saturday 31st.
The normal time to book out of the hotel is : 11am, but they allow us to book out at 2pm, which I really appreciated so much as our flight back was at 5pm the afternoon. And at 1pm we were still at Robben Island as the departing time was delayed.

Would I recommend Stay Easy Hotel at Century City to anyone ….YES!!!! Will I go back there again most certainly yes…..Peaceful, safe place to stay. The best so far.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the mountain
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beucarol
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay. The overall service delivered by my team and the efficient and friendly service from the company shuttle driver adds to ensuring a memorable stay . I will share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jurgen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Choma, Zambia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at three Stay Easy Hotels in 8 days; began with Stay Easy Lusaka for three nights, then two at East gate Joburg and another three at Century City, Cape Town. I would say the best service and amenities was in Lusaka where the staff was really friendly and attended to your every need promptly, The worst was East gate Johannesburg. My room had loose sockets and when I requested for them to be repaired, this was not done and further enquiry about the same yielded a report that the matter had been reported to maintenance department and that was that. Because of this I had to recharge my cell phone from the reception area leading to one of phone having its charging system damaged! Century City Stay Easy was better than Johannesburg in that the reception was generally fine apart from one lady who did not seem to have time to attend to my query (She off handedly referred me to her colleague without as much looking at me as she spoke) Rather rude! Her colleague was however very cheerful and attended to me in jovial manner. She genuinely smiled at me the next morning in the hotel foyer. The rooms are rather small in all the three hotels but they served the purpose just fine. No In House restaurant in all hotels...maybe because they are all situated next to large shopping malls. I am not sure I would stay at the Johannesburg hotel again. I would certainly stay at the Lusaka Hotel again and I would not mind so much the Century City hotel...what with that magnificent Canal Walk Shopping Mall just a minute's walk away.

Room Tip: If you are travelling to South Africa from a country which uses square pin sockets, be sure a carry...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank-you for your detailed feedback with the StayEasy brand whilst travelling in Zambia and South Africa.

I am disappointed to hear about the technical and service related problems, I will share this with the relevant hotels and my team. I am pleased to note all your positive experiences with friendly staff and great locations.

Thank-you for your ongoing support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent two nights for a short trip to Cape Town and absolutely satisfied. Excellent location (opposite to the Canal Walk mall), good breakfast, clean room, very reasonable rate and very fast and easy checkin and checkout. Variety of food choice in the mall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback on the hotel and it's facilities in a favourable business and leisure location at Century City.
I am pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel often, and the friendly efficient staff is the one thing that keeps me going back there. The recent upgrade to free WIFI is a great idea. Only negative points is that the rooms are a bit noisy sometimes and the bedding in the one room was dirty. A complete replacement of the bedding- mabey doing Duvets instead of tge scrachy blankets might be a good idea.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank-you for your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am disappointed to note that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. The StayEasy brand is offering the blanket with top sheet in all rooms. For guests that prefer to sleep with a duvet, we will gladly offer these on request.

I am pleased to note that the staff have made your stay memorable and I will share this with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

George, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed at the Stay Easy Canal Walk for the weekend and we booked two rooms with an inter-leading door. Unfortunately the rooms were tiny and claustrophobic. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 2 and it just became impossible due to the space constraints. Additionally, we had recently stayed at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel down the road and found their suite was larger than the two rooms we booked at Stay Easy. The rate at the Colosseum for the suite (which very comfortably housed our entire family) was cheaper than the Stay Easy rate too. Breakfast at the Stay Easy was not bad, but however when comparing with the Colosseum, it fell short.

Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the small rooms and would rather recommend the Colosseum. They are better value for money, larger rooms and better breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank-you for your comments and feedback. The StayEasy brand is a 2 star economy brand hotel and thus does not easiliy compete in the full service 4 star market.
Seasonal winter rates are readily available in Cape Town whereas our StayEasy brand operates a standard room rate all year round, remaining a true value for money destination.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here recently on business, and had a very mixed experience. Online booking and payment was easy, the hotel is easy to find and check in was quick and easy enough.
A special mention goes to the room. Not big at all but very cleverly designed, comfortable and well equipped. There's everything you need and nothing you don't. The shower is great even though the bathroom is a little cramped.
The hotel is close enough to Canal Walk shopping centre so we could walk there for dinner, which was nice.
However, the point of staying ANYWHERE should always be to get a good nights rest, and sadly this is where it all came apart. The pillows were like rocks. The bathroom extraction fan made a constant noise, so loud that it kept waking me up. And then, finally at around 3am when I finally started to fall asleep from pure exhaustion, the most terrible kitchen odours started wafting through the room. It literally smelled like somebody was cooking a huge banquet right outside the room. It was so bad my eyes were burning from the fumes. I had no sleep at all that night. Not even 5 minutes.
Breakfast was chaos. Almost every table was dirty, there were staff around but nobody seemed to notice us, the food was cold and not very nice, the coffee machine was incomprehensible to operate and the coffee itself was vile. As in truly undrinkable.
I have stayed in the One&Only and will return, I have stayed in Formula 1 and will return, all because I could always get a good nights rest, but this was a disaster. It messed my entire day up, and I cannot imagine that I'll want to put myself through this again. Unless I bring my own pillows, ear and nose plugs...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback and comments. I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the problems experienced during your stay. I fully undestand your frustration and the matters raised will receive our immediate attention. The room fan, availability of feather pillows, exterior odours will be addressed.

Should you experience any problems during your stay, you are welcome to contact me directly and I will gladly attend to the matter personally.

Jurgen Stumges
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and frequently stay over at hotels. The two star rating of this one definitely does not do it justice- it compares extremely well with many three star places where I have stayed before. The rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast is good and the location is excellent for shopping and dining at the canal walk right next door, entertainment at Ratanga junction in the same block etc. the views are pretty all over Century city and it is located quite centrally to reach all Cape Town suburbs and neighbouring towns easily. Taff had no issues moving me to a non smoking room when I asked and was always helpful and friendly.
If you are looking for a reputable, affordable, good value for money business stay over- I will definitely recommend this stayeasy.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Deon L
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for completing your stay exprience at our hotel with our travellers on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate the positive feedback and overall service received following your recent visit to the area.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jurgen Stumges
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
Colosseum Luxury Hotel
Colosseum Luxury Hotel
#1 of 4 in Century City
Road Lodge Cape Town N1 City
Island Club Hotel & Apartments
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town Ci...
#45 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to StayEasy Century City? Share your experiences!