“Easy stay as its name!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Milnerton
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Easy stay as its name!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent two nights for a short trip to Cape Town and absolutely satisfied. Excellent location (opposite to the Canal Walk mall), good breakfast, clean room, very reasonable rate and very fast and easy checkin and checkout. Variety of food choice in the mall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback on the hotel and it's facilities in a favourable business and leisure location at Century City.
I am pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jurgen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel often, and the friendly efficient staff is the one thing that keeps me going back there. The recent upgrade to free WIFI is a great idea. Only negative points is that the rooms are a bit noisy sometimes and the bedding in the one room was dirty. A complete replacement of the bedding- mabey doing Duvets instead of tge scrachy blankets might be a good idea.

• Stayed July 2013
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank-you for your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am disappointed to note that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. The StayEasy brand is offering the blanket with top sheet in all rooms. For guests that prefer to sleep with a duvet, we will gladly offer these on request.

I am pleased to note that the staff have made your stay memorable and I will share this with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

George, South Africa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed at the Stay Easy Canal Walk for the weekend and we booked two rooms with an inter-leading door. Unfortunately the rooms were tiny and claustrophobic. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 2 and it just became impossible due to the space constraints. Additionally, we had recently stayed at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel down the road and found their suite was larger than the two rooms we booked at Stay Easy. The rate at the Colosseum for the suite (which very comfortably housed our entire family) was cheaper than the Stay Easy rate too. Breakfast at the Stay Easy was not bad, but however when comparing with the Colosseum, it fell short.

Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the small rooms and would rather recommend the Colosseum. They are better value for money, larger rooms and better breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank-you for your comments and feedback. The StayEasy brand is a 2 star economy brand hotel and thus does not easiliy compete in the full service 4 star market.
Seasonal winter rates are readily available in Cape Town whereas our StayEasy brand operates a standard room rate all year round, remaining a true value for money destination.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here recently on business, and had a very mixed experience. Online booking and payment was easy, the hotel is easy to find and check in was quick and easy enough.
A special mention goes to the room. Not big at all but very cleverly designed, comfortable and well equipped. There's everything you need and nothing you don't. The shower is great even though the bathroom is a little cramped.
The hotel is close enough to Canal Walk shopping centre so we could walk there for dinner, which was nice.
However, the point of staying ANYWHERE should always be to get a good nights rest, and sadly this is where it all came apart. The pillows were like rocks. The bathroom extraction fan made a constant noise, so loud that it kept waking me up. And then, finally at around 3am when I finally started to fall asleep from pure exhaustion, the most terrible kitchen odours started wafting through the room. It literally smelled like somebody was cooking a huge banquet right outside the room. It was so bad my eyes were burning from the fumes. I had no sleep at all that night. Not even 5 minutes.
Breakfast was chaos. Almost every table was dirty, there were staff around but nobody seemed to notice us, the food was cold and not very nice, the coffee machine was incomprehensible to operate and the coffee itself was vile. As in truly undrinkable.
I have stayed in the One&Only and will return, I have stayed in Formula 1 and will return, all because I could always get a good nights rest, but this was a disaster. It messed my entire day up, and I cannot imagine that I'll want to put myself through this again. Unless I bring my own pillows, ear and nose plugs...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback and comments. I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the problems experienced during your stay. I fully undestand your frustration and the matters raised will receive our immediate attention. The room fan, availability of feather pillows, exterior odours will be addressed.

Should you experience any problems during your stay, you are welcome to contact me directly and I will gladly attend to the matter personally.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and frequently stay over at hotels. The two star rating of this one definitely does not do it justice- it compares extremely well with many three star places where I have stayed before. The rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast is good and the location is excellent for shopping and dining at the canal walk right next door, entertainment at Ratanga junction in the same block etc. the views are pretty all over Century city and it is located quite centrally to reach all Cape Town suburbs and neighbouring towns easily. Taff had no issues moving me to a non smoking room when I asked and was always helpful and friendly.
If you are looking for a reputable, affordable, good value for money business stay over- I will definitely recommend this stayeasy.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Deon L
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for completing your stay exprience at our hotel with our travellers on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate the positive feedback and overall service received following your recent visit to the area.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mauritius
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've spend 12 days holidays in this hotel last month. We were 2 women in a twin bed room. The hotel is clean and very safe for woman alone. It is next door to Canal Walk Shopping Centre and this is great for the one who wants to do some shopping too. The room was ok, the beds are comfortable, there is tea/coffee facilities for free in the room. Our room had a nice view on table Mountain.The ladies at the reception are very nice and helpful. The breakfast have improved since my last stay there a few years ago and it was very good (2 choice of juice, cereals, bacon, crumbled eggs, sausages, fresh tomatoes and cucumber, cheese, ham, a choice of jams and fresh cream cheese, coffee, tea, chocolate, capuccino). I was happy to see again the old maid who cleared the table at breakfast, she is always smilling and have a nice word for each guest every morning. I was feeling soooo good in this hotel that I've even cancelled my booking in a 4 star hotel at the waterfront and stayed at StayEasy for my whole holidays! The only negative thing is that during one week-end some guests were very noisy speaking loudly in the corridors in the middle of the night. There is a nice restaurant a few blocks down the main road, just after The Crystal Towers, the name is "Le Caveau". The food was very nice and had diner several times there.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd, 4th or 5th floor overlooking Table Mountain
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your detailed and thorough feedback following your recent visit. Your comments add great value to our travellers and the hotel to ensure we deliver and offer great service.

I will share your positive staff service feedback with my team.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay and I've already booked a third next month. I like the basic, straight forward nature of this hotel; service is excellent (very good staff), rooms are not large but are big enough and have what you need, carpets and linens are worn but clean and well looked after. The wifi is good but it should be free, breakfast is nice but could be better, parking is free but not completely secure, compromises all but not deal breakers. Overall I like this hotel, there's a lot of value here and everything is well run, you can pay more in Cape Town but you'll be hard-pressed to get as much for your hard-earned money as you will here.

Recommended ++++

• Stayed April 2013
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your detailed comments and feedback. I can advise that some of the items are already being attended to and others will happen in the near future. The hotel has a planned room refurbishment in 2014 addressing the issues raised about our rooms. Our WIFI and breakfast is receiving top priority and upgrades will be implemented.

I appreciate your positive comments about the service and staff and that my team looked after you well, I will share this with them.

I hope I can meet you personally on your next stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Jurgen Stumges
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milnerton
Colosseum Luxury Hotel
Century City Hotel
#3 of 4 in Century City
Island Club Hotel & Apartments
Road Lodge Cape Town N1 City

Been to StayEasy Century City? Share your experiences!