“Great family Restaurant”

Mexico Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #25 of 31 Restaurants in Milnerton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Mexico Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Milnerton. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Canal walk during my vacation mid February , lots of restaurants around to chose from but opted for Spur a brand that have been there for ever and I wasn't disappointed by my choice , wide range menu to chose from & very affordable wine .Service staff were excellent as they played with my son during meal time , overall experience was awesome

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We enjoyed a lunch at Canal Walk day one and in Kenilworth day two, both places excellent service, nice food friendly staff a place you always go back to.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The worst chicken liver peri-peri i've ever had was there but the spare ribs were ok. we had a table overlooking the canal and the view was nice. The staff was kind.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

T-bone steak tough and tasteless - at almost R100 it was somewhat steep for Spur!! If it had been good, the price would have been ok.... but it was NOT!
Rib burger - unimaginative.- no texture - odd! (is it processed?)
Chips were very, very, very pale.
Where are the days when you knew what you could expect- before you actually walked in at ANY Spur. We certainly will not be going back there,

2  Thank Leone K
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Waited an age for food to arrive. During this time, we got introduced to at least 4 managers, all working the same shift. They uninvitedly popped by our table and told us that they were the manager - not one of them apologising for interrupting our conversation.
When the meal eventually arrived, we noticed that prawns were undercooked and ribs were literally just that - rib bones and hardly any meat.
Let waitress know and returned food to the kitchen. During the time we waited after having complained, not one of the managers who had previously kept annoyingly dropping by, offered any apology. Eventually the waitress apologised and brought us the bill, and yet another more senior staff member attended as well - he seemed okay but tried to get us to order something else. Unfortunately, we were so turned off by the food at this stage that we couldn't wait to leave. Since they didn't convince us to stay or order something else, another very large "manager" came over to our table and tried to intimidate me. He leaned really close to me and onto the table - he leaned so hard that it caused the table to move out of the way. He was really in my space and talking in my face, asking what was wrong with the food. I didn't appreciate his approach or attitude and told him that I'd already explained the situation to the waitress and a manager, but he was insistent that I explained it to him (you know the type - thinks he's Mr Big Shot) and I thought he was pretty much out of line.
Needless to say, I didn't tolerate it for very long and left. Won't ever be going back there. Sad to see how this restaurant's gone down the tubes.

2  Thank SomersetLucy