“An Wine Tour to Stellenbosch & Franschhoek”

Cape Town Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Milnerton
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a South African - Cape Town-based - tour operator with a serious passion for wine which allows us to offer our clients unique gourmet wine and dine experiences - whether it is on a one day wine tour in Cape Town, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, or a three day wine tour that covers the entire Cape Wine region. We have daily Wineland tours departing from Cape Town and can cater for all wine lovers from the wine novice to the wine connoisseur.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Pietarsaari, Finland
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“An Wine Tour to Stellenbosch & Franschhoek”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I and my friends did a day Wine Tour with with Luhambo Tours to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek areas. Our guide Marlene was amazing and we tested 5-6 wines at 4 wine estates. Some of them were better than the others. Wine isn’t everything to me, so I was a little disappointed. I had also wanted to visit the towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. At their homepage they sad that they will also visit this towns, so never promise something you can’t fulfill. At least, be honest and say that everything is about wine. I have taking another tour, if I had known.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank leffex
LuhamboTours, Owner at Cape Town Wine Tours, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear leffex,

Thanks for sharing your tour experience with us.
I must apologise that it never lived up to your expectations. I take full responsibility and should have informed Marlene that you wanted to spend time walking around Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
We proud ourselves in customising our itineraries even on our group tours to suit our guests' requirements on the day. Most of our guests are wine lovers and want to spend as much time tasting wine and enjoying the beauty of the wine estates, and therefore prefer spending time on the estates. In your case, we should have made sure to spend more time in the towns.
It was not our intention to mislead you and we will do everything in our power to ensure that this does not happen again.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wine Tour!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I booked a Cape Town Wine Tour with Luhambo for our recent trip to South Africa and are so thankful we did! Cedric was extremely knowledgable and had great releationships with everyone at the wineries. We learned so much and he packed a lot into one day. Cedric asked what we wanted to try and tailored the trip to us. We would highly recommend booking this tour!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Emily Z
Emily Z,

Thanks so much for the kind words.
It was a pleasure showing you around the Winelands and hopefully someday we will be able to show you a bit more of what our beautiful Cape has to offer.

Kind regards
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine, food and company!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We spent a wonderful day and evening with Luhambo wine tours - great wine, food and company! Our guide was Cedric and he was extremely friendly, polite and knowlegable about the vineyards and wines around Stellenbosch and Franschoek, and made every effort to tailor the tour to our tastes. One thing that stood out was his passion for wine, and also to ensure we had the best day possible, ending with dinner at the Grand Provence which was superb. He had great vineyard knowledge and I enjoyed every one we went to, particularly De Trafford and the chocolate tasting at Waterford. He was excellent company throughout and I particularly enjoyed tasting some of the bigger reds whilst chatting about Super XV rugby!

We would highly recommend and hope to use again in the future !

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Clangle
Dear clangle,

Thanks for the kind words.
It was great taking you around the winelands whilst chat about our love for wine and rugby :-).
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and I hope that the rest of your stay in SA was a memorable one.

Kind regards
Palm Coast, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a wonderful day with Cedric!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were thrilled with the wine tour we had of Stellenbosch and Franschoek with Cape Town Wine Tours! Cedric was a knowledgeble and enjoyable guide. We learned so much about wines, the area and history of some of the vineyards. We loved all the wineries we visited and it was a great combination of reds, whites, Pinotage and MMC. Our tour was made even more special with lunch at Stark-Conde, sundowners at Dieu Donne and dinner at La Provence. It was certainly a day to remember!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank StephPhd
Dear StephPhd,

Thanks for taking the time out to write a response.
I'm glad that you had an enjoyable day out with us.
I must say that the Stellenbosch and Franschhoek wine regions are very easy to sell :-).
When the sun is shining it is probably one of the most beautiful regions in the world.

Many thanks
A TripAdvisor Member
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Everything was tailored to our needs and interests from the start of this tour. We were picked up from Cape Town and dropped off in Greyton for a wedding. Being only the two of us Graham was able to pick the vineyards that we would like best from our wine tastes and they were all amazing! Graham was an absolute gentleman and very knowledgable keeping the tour fun and interesting. The Coach House stay with Sharon and Charlie was lovely, the rooms were spotless and breakfast was very good. Little Smiley the dog made my visit!! The restaurants Graham recommended- The French Connection and Rubens were both fabulous for dinner- no complaints there! Highly recommend both. All the vineyards were lovely with great views- Could mention them all but they were all great!
Couldn't recommend Graham and Lumhambo tours highly enough!! Thank you so much! We will be back!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member