I know I went with a big title, but here's why:
1. I never knew how good a steak could taste until I went here. I have been back 4 times and it has never failed. It's hard to repeat success when expectations are so high but this place manages it.
2. I have taken friends. On every occasion they have said beforehand "it will never beat the steak I had at xxxxx". Every time they have conceded Zorbas takes the crown.
3. Theo the founder is a great guy. This is not the first restaurant he has started in the Cape area - he knows what he is doing. He is a good host and makes time to speak to people - if you go make sure you speak to him..
4.It's not just about the steak - the rest of the menu is also outstanding.
5. They have a broad selection of wine and not one of them has been anything other than delicious.
6. It's good value. A decent restaurant does not need to be expensive - it needs to offer great quality food in a great environment. I have to challenge myself why I sometimes pay so much more in places where at best, they only just come close to equalling this.
7. Location - Lagoon Beach is pretty, as the name suggests it is right on the sea and the nearby hotel is also good.
8. I love going back there!
Just in case you are wondering - I have no connection wth this restaurant, I live in the UK. Credit where credit is due.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.