See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Welcome makes you like feel home away from home. But the was brown spot on the fitted sheet kind like a blood. Saturday my room was not made up and when I highlighted it I was told it because they thought I was inside. You made a convenience of placing the do not disturb sign in the rooms and if a person needs to make up the room comes to the door and do not find the sign the least they is to knock and find out, instead of assuming. Because the time I left I even left the sign on the door for making up my room and it means that they didn't even go back. And the time I have left they were still cleaning in other rooms but the did come and clean.

And in the morning when the lady bring food I requested for tea which have never came until I went to the kitchen to request again. And when went in there was no any nice word just I will bring it in weird voice as if I am bothering her. It will been nice if she was nice and say apologies I have forgotten or say to me I very busy it slipped my mind.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Mboniseni M
Reviewed March 23, 2014

All in all a good guest house , value for money and would use your facilities again.
Just please teach your cook to do the breakfast properly . Thats where your service goes down the toilet . We had to show her in the kitchen how to fry our eggs ?.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Saffron is a bit far from the centre of Cape Town (15 k) but the route to town is a fast highway, except during rush-hour. People nice, room OK, bed lumpy, internet only worked in lounge/dining room. Inexpensive - you get what you pay for. I would use it again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at Saffron House on March 2 to 4, 2014. A very nice and respectable place! I recommend it and would go back. Wonderful Manager Carin and the most excellent service I have received in many years. Thank you

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Arrived at guesthouse late on the 1st March 2014. The room was ok. The guesthouse had an overpowering smell of cooking oil when I checked in. The sliding door didn't fit into its frame properly and I felt unsafe. It looked to me as if someone forced the door open on a previous occasion. The outside gate was also dodgy. You couldn't open the gate from the inside. You hade insert your key into the lock from the outside to exit the guesthouse
I booked for three nights paid a R900 deposit and decided that my safety was paramount and that I would rather stay somewhere else.
The owners are difficult to get in touch with and they never responded to my calls.
As for the picture of Table Mountain on the website-there is no view. The view is of an uninviting swimming pool.
Booked into an excellent guesthouse in Blouberg Strand that was so much better than Saffron House and much safer.

• Trip type: Traveled solo