“Never again”

Ranked #16 of 22 Milnerton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Arrived at guesthouse late on the 1st March 2014. The room was ok. The guesthouse had an overpowering smell of cooking oil when I checked in. The sliding door didn't fit into its frame properly and I felt unsafe. It looked to me as if someone forced the door open on a previous occasion. The outside gate was also dodgy. You couldn't open the gate from the inside. You hade insert your key into the lock from the outside to exit the guesthouse
I booked for three nights paid a R900 deposit and decided that my safety was paramount and that I would rather stay somewhere else.
The owners are difficult to get in touch with and they never responded to my calls.
As for the picture of Table Mountain on the website-there is no view. The view is of an uninviting swimming pool.
Booked into an excellent guesthouse in Blouberg Strand that was so much better than Saffron House and much safer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ernst E

Gauteng
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Requested to check in earlier upon my arrival guests had not checked out The room was infested with ants The bed gosh was so uncomfortable slept on springs had a really uncomfortable sleep,Tv outdated Gabbage left in front of room, Spider webs in room, ,Lapa couches dirty Breakfast was so limited as to a four star Stayed in a 1 star and there was more a variety, Place Not well taken care of needs some TLC

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Grant S

Travelers are raving about these Milnerton hotels

London
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Carton was lonely and very welcoming and the room was beautiful. Cooked breakfast was a disappointment with poor quality ingredients and requests not followed. I.e asked for soft eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms. Got hard web with bacon and sausage.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I am absolutely disgusted with the service I have received at this supposed 4 star guest house. What we checked into was NOT what I booked for... No view from the balcony, no double beds, no bath in the bathroom, a broken sliding door that couldn't lock, a below average breakfast in a dirty dining area and not to mention having to jump over the gate as I was not given a gate key and NO staff on the premises to help us! Definitely not worth the money I paid. This owner is clearly not capable of running this business as no interest was shown and no response to my complaints! Very sad!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at here a couple of times. The first time I booked in, it had such a great feeling to the Guesthouse. It was warm & welcoming. The decor was classic, elegant and gave the guesthouse the home away from home feeling.

The 2nd & 3rd time I stayed there, all the colour was gone! I thought they were robbed. But the manager said the owner doesn't want any of the "Biggie Best" decor in the guesthouse.

The furniture & decor, was not Biggie Best!!!! More like classic and elegant. So tasteful.

Such a pity that the stunning classic furniture was removed, there was just white everywhere. It made the guesthouse cold and unwelcoming.

The manager is a great guy. He is the perfect person to be running the guesthouse, however, I truely tthink he is unappreciated by the owner.

He is friendly & so pleasant, he really goes out of his way for all the guests.

I see Carl attending to guests day & night, throughout the weekend.

I wonder if he gets any time off....?

I would recommend staying at the guest house, Just Because of the Manager Carl. He makes you feel so welcome that you want to be there, just wish the furniture would be as friendly as him!

Please, Please, can the colour be returned to the house...!

Lovely & peaceful area, close to Century City, miss a lot of the traffic. :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

White linen, white curtains, white walls, white tiles, white door, white bathroom... etc. Everything is white. But, it is a lovely guesthouse, owner is quite pleasant. Stayed for one night. Enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laneyy
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed there in February 2009. With no previous booking we came there by luck. We found Saffron House very clean, comfortable and stylish. The staff and Jo-Ann in particular were very professional and friendly, booking a nice restaurant on our behalf, suggesting sights to see in Cape Town and much more. The breakfast was tasty, the location was good and the spot is ideal for surfers or anyone wishing to explore the West coast of SA. We really enjoyed our stay there and if we are to go back to Cape Town again we will definitely stay at Saffron.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple