“Heaven again”

Ranked #24 of 103 Specialty Lodging in Knysna
Antwerp, Belgium
“Heaven again”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Yet again I experienced a piece of heaven at the Forget Me Not self catering home. The views are stunning, the tranquillity peaceful, the rooms homely, fantastically clean, and offering all facilities required, plus the care given by the owner Mary makes it home from home, with the advantage of the sun ! I recommend you all to stay there, it will make your visit to South Africa that bit more satisfying. many thanks Mary for such an enjoyable stay. Love from Tricia in Belgium.

Room Tip: Studio Rose has 2 bathrooms-bath+WC and Shower +WC, plus terrace always with sun and stunning views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
MaryDerek, Owner at Footprints of Knysna, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Good to have you again and so happy for your future plans. Kind regards. Mary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Polokwane, South Africa
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at Forget-me-Not 2 years in a row and I already booked my next holiday with them.
We stayed in The Cabin, which is spacious enough for 4 people. The room is cleaned every morning and it's a total pleasure to stay there. We used the outside braai almost every day and after a day at the beach, we cooled off in the amazing swimming pool.
Forget-me-Not is walking distance from the lagoon, which is convenient for us, as we are very active people.
My brother and his wife came to visit for a day, and they fell in love with this place.
I would recommend Forget-me-not to anybody!!!!
The only thing that I would recommend is to take a fan, as there is no fan or aircon in the rooms.

Room Tip: The Cabin is the best for families, as it is on the bottom floor and has a deck that looks out on th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rene Y
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed in Knysna as part of my personal vacation, and immediately after stepping in to my room, "the rose" at forget-me-not, I was blown away by the view of Knysna stretching out to the 'heads'. Mary was a wonderful and very helpful host, and the location was perfect for me to have access to all that this little part of the world has to offer and still feel like I can 'holiday' away from all the busyness of Jozi. The room was incredibly comfortable, private and clean. A dip in the pool and some time in the sun was only a short trip down the stairs away and in a beautiful garden. You'll never find a shortage of things to do and will be spoiled for choice. Certainly worth 10/10!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed with Mary again in mid November and had a fabulous time. The location is excellent, easy access, near the Knysna centre, the Waterfront, The Mill, The Craggs and the excellent Plettenberg Game Park. Mary makes one so welcome and the self catering facility excellent. This year we visited The Heads and enjoyed the Featherbed nature reserve which is an excellent half day outdoor activity. All thoroughly recommended!!

Room Tip: The Nest is still the best!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were lucky enough to stumble on Mary woolmington's delightful self catering establishment in the wonderfully named suburb of Old Place in Knysna,it has the most glorious views of the lagoon and heads,from very comfortable self contained apartments with all mod cons.
We had 4 great days and spent some time relaxing by the sparkling pool,
enjoying the sunshine ,views and the birds in the beautiful gardens.
We would recommend anyone to stay with Mary and explore the quaint old town of Knysna and the delights of the surrounding area.

Room Tip: would recommend the Cabin,has a great veranda with spectacular views and a barbecue and loungers
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I travel allot in the Western Cape area and stayed at a number of places , but Forget me Not has so far exceeded all my expectations I enjoy the calm and tranquillity , The garden setting and the most amazing view by far , The welcoming I received from my first stay has bee excellent . I will always book my stay at Forget me Not , It feels more like home then my own houses .
Ten out of Ten overall

Room Tip: The "Nest" is the ideal room with all of the acquired amenities
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MaryDerek, Owner at Footprints of Knysna, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you Jack. We look forward to seeing you again, and again!
Hermanus, South Africa
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Forget-Me-Not for a very pleasant relaxing week. We most enjoyed our meals on the balcony overlooking Knysna Lagoon. We were even allowed to bring our little poodle. A very hospitable establishment and a very friendly and helpful hostess.

Lutz N

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review, appreciate your time. Hope to see you again.