Knysna Manor House
  • Breakfast included
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
All reviewslovely deckwooden floorssecure parkingsingle roomb bwithin walking distancebusiness tripoff street parkingpleasant stayenjoyed my stayother guestscape townlovely breakfastlovely placeswimming poolwarm welcometwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a lovely old house clean and airy and our host and hostess most welcoming, interested and interesting in every way. It is quietly placed for "doing" this rewarding area. Excellent Thai food by Joy in Thai Kitchen five minutes walk to Memorial Square.Off street parking too.Breakfast excellent with lovely view.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edward f
KnysnaManorHouse, Owner at Knysna Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Reviewed February 12, 2012

My companion and I booked originally for 2 nights on the16 January 2012. Because of the warm ans friendly welcome from Brenda and Anthony and the high standard of service we extended our stay to 4 nights. Nothing seemed to be too much for the staff to make our stay a success. Rooms was very clean and comfortable and towels were changed daily and at the english breakfast delicious. The central location meant that we did not need to use the car except for excursions. We would like to end by thanking Brenda and Anthony for helping to make our holidy in Knysna so enjoyable.
Annemiek and Mike

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike W
KnysnaManorHouse, Owner at Knysna Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Hi Annemiek and Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our guesthouse, I am thrilled that you decided to extend your stay at our lovely home, and that Anthony and Brenda afforded you such good service.

I agree with you that the guesthouse is centrally located, and that you did not have to use your car for the touring the immediate area of Knysna.

Thank you once again for your positive response.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed at Knysna Manor February 2012. The managers were very friendly and we had a choice of 2 rooms. The breakfasts were great and it was lovely to enjoy them while sitting on the large balcony. Our room was clean and comfortable but a bit old fashioned and it and the bathroom especially could probably do with a revamp. It is a good location, very near the high street and 7/8 minutes down to the quay.The mantagers have 3 lovely dogs.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erdles
KnysnaManorHouse, Owner at Knysna Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for your review on Knysna Manor House.

I am always glad to hear that our guests enjoy the breakfast out on the deck as much as I do.

We are slowly revamping the guesthouse, and only have a couple of rooms that the bathrooms have not been revamped.

Thank you for your positive review, we look forward to welcoming either yourselves or your friends back to Knysna Manor House in the near future.

Owner
Knysna Manor House

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Last december we've spent a night in the Knysna Manor House. The relatively old owners were friendly but the accomodation was about as oldfashioned as they were. We had a family room and it was relly oldfashioned blankets and sheets, really oldfashioned interior milldew in the bathroom.
They have three dogs and the whole place smells of dog. If you walk out of your room the dogs walk in leaving their hairs. I really dislikes that. I'm sure you'll be able to find an accomodation that offers moor vaule for money. The is more like a plungepool. If you look out of your window you'll see that the neighbour have accomodation as well, but have a lot more space in the garden and a nice pool.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Family_fr0m_Holland

Thank you for your opinion of our guesthouse.

I must apologise for the experience that you had with the dogs and the dog hair.

As to the state of the rooms, we do acknowledge that the bathroom in room 4 does need some renovation.

Regarding your quote about the guesthouse being old fashioned. Our house was built in 1986, and was the original home of the Mayor of Knysna. We have purposely decorated our home according to this theme.

I do understand that the guesthouse next door does have a bigger swimming pool, and that their grounds are bigger. We did not originally have a swimming pool, but due to the fact that guests did like to cool down at the end of the day, we found that the pool that we did put in is thoroughly enjoyed by our guests.

Our guests also enjoy spending time on the deck of an evening, and find the views of the lagoon very relaxing.

I apologize for your bad experience, and wish to invite either you or your friends back to Knysna Manor House in the future to see if we can meet up to your expectations.

I still await the dates of your visit so that I can investigate further.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Knysna manor is an old charming house located central in Knysna, walking distance to shops and restaurants. Beautiful view from the terrace. Good breaktfast. Owners are extremly friendly and we really felt relaxed and at home. Would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 605katarinaj
KnysnaManorHouse, Owner at Knysna Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding our guesthouse. I am so glad that you found it relaxing. I must admit that I also love the views from the terrace and it is one of my favorite places to be when I am visiting the guesthouse.

I am so glad that Brenda made you feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming either you or your friends in the future.