“Dream place to stay...”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Jaipur, India
“Dream place to stay...”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Very well managed and beautiful place to stay. The owners go an extra mile to help you out. The breakfast in room is a bliss. Very beautiful views of the Knysna Bay from the room and patio. Would definitely like to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AshishPorwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Glasgow
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Afrikana for 3 nights and we cannot recommend it highly enough. It is luxurious accommodation with beautifully decorated, spacious rooms! The bathroom in our bedroom was simply amazing with jacuzzi bath and underfloor heating ( welcome in the winter season!) the breakfast was cooked to order every day and the fresh fruit, croissants and cappuccinos were delicious!
The owners, Ross and Bianca, were always on hand to offer advice about the location and where to go. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Knysna is a beautiful place and the Villa Afrikana is the perfect place to stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GlasgowPapi
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Villa is spotlessly clean and the service is attentive. The view is unparalled. The owners know the area well and are great in helping you plan your days of dightsseeing and adventure.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Ken K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We spent 3 memorable nights over at Villa Afrikana during the Knysna Oyster Festival with friends. An ever smiling staff made sure we felt comfortable and at home at all times, we enjoyed the option of having a full breakfast served in our room and most of all the breathtaking views over the entire Knysna lagoon. We would not hesitate to reccommend this place and will definately be back next year.
rick

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickmuller1
Villaafrikana, Owner at Villa Afrikana Guest Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear Rick

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are delighted you have enjoyed your stay and hope you returned home safely and well rested. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your friends again at Villa Afrikana Guest Suites next year.

Kind Regards
Ross, Bianca, Steven, Beauty, Lovemore, Hermia and Tracy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Having spent many weeks planning my trip to South Africa over the Christmas period in 2012 I booked Villa Afrikana in March. My booking was confirmed and 50% deposit deducted from my credit card. All my research & hard work had come to fruition and I was thrilled with my itinerary for my 10 day trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. However 4 months later in July I received an email from Villa Afrikana informing me that they could no longer honour my booking due to an administration error.
They never informed me what the administrative error was
They offered me an upgraded room at a discounted rate if I could change my dates - arriving a day later. This wouldn't work with the rest of my itinerary as it being Christmas everything else ws heavily booked.
As an alternative they offered me availability at another guest house at the same rate as Villa Afrikana was charging. Having contacted the guesthouse directly I was able to get a cheaper rate so needless to say I declined the offer from Villa Afrikana.

I work in the travel industry and have stayed in many destinations around the world. Through my work I am of course aware that overbookings/mistakes can and do occur. However in 20 years it has never taken 4 months to notify me of an issue and I have never been offered a more expensive rate than I could get from a hotel myself - quite the opposite - you are offered an alternative at a cheaper rate.
My 50% deposit credit card has been refunded to my credit card.
So I will never get to stay at Villa Afrikana but if this is how they treat future guests then I am glad. So be carfeul - just because you have a confirmed booking, paid your 50% deposit your booking may not be secure.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DAVLAC
KnysnaNetwork, Owner at Villa Afrikana Guest Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear DAVLAC
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the opportunity again to apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. We take your comments very seriously and understand your anger and disappointment, we only wished there was a way in which we could have made it up to you.

We are a husband and wife run small business and work hard to make everything right for the satisfaction of our guests. Regretfully errors can and do happen in the most unforeseen circumstances and we all know too well how embarrassing and frustrating it can be for everyone.

We feel it is important for the readers to know that, we appealed to you as the travel professional you indicated to us you were when you requested and were granted a discounted industry/familiarization rate, we pleaded for your understanding, we offered you a further discount, an upgrade as well as alternative accommodation of same standards or higher. The place we offered you as an alternative, is situated just down the road from us, enjoys same standards and slightly higher rates, oddly they did not seem to recall you having been in touch with them.

The excellent guest satisfaction we are enjoying, coupled with our exceptional level of service, equally and evenly provided by our wonderful staff day after day can only bode well for our future guests.

We sincerely hope to be given the opportunity again to welcome you to Villa Afrikana in the future.

“Until we meet again”, Greetings from “Paradise”
Ross, Bianca, Steven, Beauty, Tracy, Thoko, Constance, Lovemore, Sindy

We at Villa Afrikana Guest Suites pride ourselves in providing attentive and charismatic service in an ambiance of conviviality and unpretentious elegance. Guest’s accommodations are specifically designed to maximize space, comfort and views over the Knysna Heads and Lagoon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed here only 2 nights, but the service has been one of the best. Bianca and Ross really made every attempt to make our stay an amazing one. Loved it! Breakfast on your private terrace overlooking the lagoon... wow!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Africanbabe1975
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We arrived for our honeymoon on Sunday 17 April and did not want to leave after a weeks stay!! Once we got to Villa Afrikana, they exceeded all our expectations! From their welcome to their helpfulness in every aspect Bianca and Ros are amazing hosts! The breakfasts are excellent and the view while you eat is stunning! The staff are so friendly and accomodating and all the little extras (weather reports and also little sweets every evening) are just so much appreciated! Villa Afrikana have a amazing atmosphere and the views are top rate! I would recommend this Guest Suite to every one!! It is the best experience ever! We will defnitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple