“The WARMEST place in Knysna”
Review of Waterfront Lodge

and 1 more site!
Waterfront Lodge
Ranked #8 of 128 Knysna B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hosts Gavin and Marion are superb
1. They sent me all documents for my visa with a smile! Nothing is too big a request for them
2. EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY Gavin took me for a tour of Knysna himself as I did not know to drive. I got to see the best views of Knysna from 5 different locations. It is always special to have the insider view of the best spots. He also took me for a short township visit and dropped & picked me back from the Waterfront. He did it with a smile without any expectation! That is the kind of couple that these people are. WARM, FRIENDLY and like a FAMILY!
3. The room is fabulous. Gavin recommended the bath tub with lagoon views and it is perfect. I got upgraded to a lagoon room as it was free the day I checked in.The rooms are decorated with nice shell curios (which I wanted to take back with me! Of course!)
4. Breakfast is DELICIOUS with Marion brining in freshly baked croissants on both days
5. The couple take GOOD CARE of their employees dropping them off each day after work. They also feed the poor each week and have a soup kitchen each week. Just goes to show how caring these people are not only to the guests but their staff and society in general
6. Marion brings in lovely peppermint tea PAMPERING me while I relaxed with a book by the fireplace. And to complete the picture I had their friendly cat sitting on my lap. Oh the bliss of it all! I would love to go back and please don't miss this lodge for 5 star luxury.
It is a WARM, WARM place with the friendliest of hosts.

Room Tip: Lagoon view rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Waterfront Lodge Knysna is the best B&B we stayed in South Africa.
Fantastic hosts, fabulous house, amazing value for money. Top quality "Full English" breakfast.
"Darling" Marion and Gavin are the best hosts you will EVER meet.
We had a blow out on the motorway and Marion and Gavin made numerous phone calls to the car rental company to get things sorted out whilst allowing us to get on with our holiday.
Hand feeding cheese to the fork tailed Drongo's while being surrounded by Guineafowl was magical.
Just stay here - you owe it to yourself!

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the rear garden and lagoon is fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Waterfront Lodge is the best B&B we ever stayed in Knysna and one of the best in South Africa. Incredible value for money, views to die for, fantastically decorated with super comfortable beds, easy to get into town, great pool and sauna and the best breakfast you could wish for. Gavin and Marion, thank you for making our long weekend so memorable.

Room Tip: Our favorite room is no 3
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Friendly welcome. This lodge is right on the edge of the lagoon. The room overlooked it and the garden and pool run down towards the water. Very comfortable room. Great facilities, stylish decor, honesty bar, well cooked breakfast and our hosts could not have been more helpful in advising us on where to visit in Knysna, restaurants, booking taxis etc. Need to come back for longer.

Room Tip: A waterside room with a balcony is great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A short drive from the centre of Knysna, with views over the pool to the lagoon with birdlife popping in to inspect the breakfast tables, the Waterfront Lodge is a wonderful spot. The owners insist on giving tips for day trips out and booking tables for dinner. Gavin cooks a proper breakfast, and Marian's coffee and pastries are top quality.
If I were to visit Knysna again I would stay at the Waterfront Lodge.

Room Tip: Upstairs is best. 2 and 4 are perfectly nice, but 1 and 3 are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We spent 3 nights here during our honeymoon trip. We found Marion to be a wonderful host who couldn't do enough for us and seemed almost as excited about our honeymoon as we were! Breakfast was extremely delicious and Gavin met my awkward requests with a smile! The property is beautiful, both in location and inside, the owners have exceptional taste! The property is also spotlessly clean and the daily car cleaning was much appreciated! Room 1 is beautiful.

Room Tip: Room 1 is fantastic! I would request this is we are lucky enough to return.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

High quality accommodation, with very attentive hosts. The breakfast was very good.

A little outside the centre of Knysna but we were offered a free taxi into town by one restaurant and the cost of a paid for taxi was cheap. Plenty to see and do in the surround. The lodge is situated on the edge of the Lagoon so we have good views out of the window.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple