The hosts Gavin and Marion are superb
1. They sent me all documents for my visa with a smile! Nothing is too big a request for them
2. EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY Gavin took me for a tour of Knysna himself as I did not know to drive. I got to see the best views of Knysna from 5 different locations. It is always special to have the insider view of the best spots. He also took me for a short township visit and dropped & picked me back from the Waterfront. He did it with a smile without any expectation! That is the kind of couple that these people are. WARM, FRIENDLY and like a FAMILY!
3. The room is fabulous. Gavin recommended the bath tub with lagoon views and it is perfect. I got upgraded to a lagoon room as it was free the day I checked in.The rooms are decorated with nice shell curios (which I wanted to take back with me! Of course!)
4. Breakfast is DELICIOUS with Marion brining in freshly baked croissants on both days
5. The couple take GOOD CARE of their employees dropping them off each day after work. They also feed the poor each week and have a soup kitchen each week. Just goes to show how caring these people are not only to the guests but their staff and society in general
6. Marion brings in lovely peppermint tea PAMPERING me while I relaxed with a book by the fireplace. And to complete the picture I had their friendly cat sitting on my lap. Oh the bliss of it all! I would love to go back and please don't miss this lodge for 5 star luxury.
It is a WARM, WARM place with the friendliest of hosts.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.