Amanzi Island Lodge
Wayside Inn(Knysna)(Great Value!)
$51
$42
  • Breakfast included
Knysna Country House(Knysna)(Great Value!)
$67
$58
Travelocity
All reviewsleisure isleb bshuttle servicehonesty barknysna headsoverlooking the lagoongarden routeguest houseour honeymoonlarge showerlow tidebreakfast was delicioussouth africathe ground floorthree nightsbeautiful roomknysna town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Amanzi lodge is an exceptional place with exceptional owners, Cathy and Simon. The location is stunning overlooking the lagoon and the rooms are furnished to a very high standard with great views. Cathy and Simon are charming hosts and will always make time to help you plan your day or make arrangements for you. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble for them. There is absolutely nothing I can fault about Amanzi at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon and Cathy W, Manager at Amanzi Island Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

So glad that you were with us for this leg of your holiday! Hope you are both well, and we look forward to your next less eventful visit! Take care

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I travel extensively and spend my life in guest houses. This guest house is most definitely on the top of my list. The reception I got was exceptional. Cathy already called me a day before my arrival to make sure about my arrival time. I stayed there in winter and every night they made sure that the room was warm and cosy when I came back. I needed breakfast a little early on the first day and that was absolutely no problem. The place is tastefully decorated and a lot of attention to detail was given in the decoration of every single room. The staff are friendly and highly professional. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Thumbs up for Cathy and Simon.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Besides the beautiful decorated rooms with enormous bathrooms (with underfloor heating), we had one of the best breakfasts ever in a guesthouse. Cathy and Simon went out of their way to treat us to a full, and we mean full English breakfast. Fresh fruit salad, in winter, with large variety of fruit, choice of different breads/pastries and cheeses, cereals, yogurt and the hot breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato and mushrooms. All well prepared. Beautiful view of the lagoon and the heads. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We landed in Amanzi Lodge after a night in Mossel Bay and wished we had spent 2 nights in Knysna and forgotten about Mossel Bay.

The room was fantastic, the breakfast was great and the owners were so helpful and lovely.
Hands down Amanzi Lodge was the best place to stay on the Garden Route!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Beautifully located and appointed guest house, with stunning views across the lagoon towards the Heads. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated with a large bathroom (with underfloor heating). Breakfast was to a high standard and Cathy and Simon very welcoming and on hand to give advice on what to do and see. Bikes and canoes are available to borrow. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple