All reviewsfleeting visitstayed herelovely balconycouple of nightscomfortable bedscape townwarm welcomeverandawaterfrontviewshosts
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I had a brief stay in Knysna whilst on business and I found the B&B to be clean and comfortable. The location was perfect as it is very close to town and the price reasonable. I would visit this place again both on business and leisure.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The room's bed was of a pleasant size and we had a lovely balcony overlooking knysna's lagoon. The bathroom was simple; and although the shower/bath was one unit it was adequate and clean enough for my wife and I. The thing we most enjoyed about our stay was the filling breakfast we received the next morning and the location of the B&B. For all those wondering, the photos I am placing on the web are for the room we stayed in, no. 9 which is situated outside of the main house.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colinsmith951
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Last January we spent a few days in Southafrica with my husband. We travel along the Garden Route and we spent 4 days in Knysna, where we decided to stay at Yellowwood Lodge. The place itself was very pleasant and cozy and the hospitality of the staff was great. Also I can tell that it looked very tidy and sparkle, the bedroom and towels were done daily. I was also impressed by the breakfast since they offer different types, which fit to our taste and mood in the most critical moment of the day! Regarding the location, this place is breathtaking, as it´s view of the lagoon and The Heads are still unforgettable!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We had a separated room from the house called "guest room". It's a family unit. When we arrived, the owner showed us the room and told us not to leave the room without the key, otherwise it will be locked. And we did not see him again until the breakfast.

I did not sleep well and felt itchy, so I took off the pillow case and what I saw shocked me and my family. The pillows were so dirty! The photos taken showed the 2 worse pillows we slept on, the others were "white" with stains. The pantry area, cups, coffee etc were very old and did not look appetite to use or to be consumed. The bathroom bath gel and shampoo had wierd colour. So we ended up buying the items we need and did not touch anything in the room.

Actually we had a clue when we booked before our trip started. The B&B website asked for 50% deposit, when we provide the credit card details, we were charged full amount. Then we started reading the review from trip advisor, but it was too late!!! We were thinking it should be OK for only 1 night, so we did not ask for any clarification.

Actually the old, outdated room we still could bear with it, but the hygiene that is reflected in the quality of the pillow..... that was too much!!!!

we like best - the knysna lagoon itself
we like least - how the B&B like this can be so unhygiene and inconsiderate of the guests

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Koelnsperger
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Yellowwood Lodge is a place very much at the heart of knysna. It was close enough for us to allow our older kidz to go about and do their own thing whilst at the same time us having peace of mind that they were safe. We were minutes from the beach and had the best climate possible. We enjoyed the lagoon and ocean very much and the B&B was truly close to everything. The breakfasts on the verandah were beautiful and the views spectacular. It was a place we all enjoyed. We found adventure, fun and relaxation with the kidz all in one. Truly a very comfortable stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family