The first 5 minutes was enough to make us rework our travel plans to stay longer. Like the other reviewers say... Kanonkop truly is fantastic!
I don't want to be redundant so I'll just add a few things from our experience:
- the hospitality from the family and staff was warm and friendly, and above and beyond -- memorable.
- the size of the entire guesthouse was perfect -- not too large that it's impersonal, and not too small that you lack privacy.
- the location was great for us... just minutes from the town centre and right off the highway.
- Friday afternoon/evening there is an outdoor festival/picnic/BBQ just down the street, run by locals. Fun! Food, music, lots of people,... kind of like a beer garden with lots of families.
- Pictures speak for themselves... but again, don't do justice. The atmosphere is perfect for any person(s) looking to treat themselves.
- One night is definitely not enough.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Kanonkop Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.