If we would choose one word for this stay, we choose “cold”. There was not one moment where we felt like they were happy to have guests. Not at the arrival desk, in the bar, in the restaurant. It was a very cold atmosphere. In the restaurant, they even brought our umbrella’s to us at 9PM, it was clear we had to leave. The only warm and kind person we’ve met there was the therapist at the wellness. It was nice to meet her.
Then the temperature also was cold the whole stay. The first night we didn’t sleep well because it was so cold and in the morning we had cold water. When we went to the reception to ask for warm water they asked us if we had recharged our cellphones. Because then it can be normal that the water was cold?? It was cold in the room, the restaurant, the bar, we never putted our jacked off. Luckily the next morning the water was warm. No idea what went wrong. When we left and got in the car, it was so nice to have warm again.
It is sooooo regrettable because it is an amazing place! It really is a stunning accommodation and the food really is amazing! Breakfast and dinner are unforgettable. I constantly choose to forget about the service and the people there and I really enjoyed this amazing place on earth. It is built beautifully with so many stunning details.
We were glad to leave and that is really sad for such a beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and South African Hotels so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna