Unlike the last unlucky reviewer we had two nights here in the Upper Tree Camp and were completely satisfied. The accommodation was superbly comfortable and staff attentive giving the impression of doing their utmost to make our stay happy. The food was some of the best we have ever had in S Africa. Yes, it is expensive but we felt we had real value for our money. The views were fantastic and sitting in the sunshine drinking gorgeous Pinotage looking out over the lagoon was a high spot of our all too brief stay. We stayed here at the recommendation of friends and like them can thoroughly recommend a stay here as a real treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and South African Hotels so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna