+ beautiful, remote setting
+ luxurious facilities with a rustic feel
+ outstanding food
+ top service
Perfect place to truly unwind. The tree houses are set in the forest and feel very private despite massive windows giving you great views of the area. Staff were welcoming and helpful, but also give you plenty of privacy.
We only stayed for two nights so didn't get to enjoy all of the resort amenities as much as I would have liked. I would recommend staying here for longer to make the most of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna