This is a stunning hotel and experience. Could have happily stayed a week. It's totally true to the website, so best to check it out there. The design with glass walled double-showers and outdoor baths is creative and original.
Would highly recommend using the spar treaments as they are great value and the setting is beautiful.
We were gutted to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Phantom Forest lodge and boma restaurant is situated in a private reserve on the Knysna River estuary, a magnificent setting of indigenous forest, fynbos and estuarine wetland. Designed to create only the lightest footprint , Phantom Forest offers superb luxury in complete harmony with nature. Accommodation consists of fourteen evocative "tree suites", perfectly integrated into the forest. Nature lovers can explore the reserve via forest and fynbos trails or canoe trips along the river. The Boma restaurant offers international cuisine served in the classic style while the body boma wellness spa provides a range of natural treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and South African Hotels so you can book your The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phantom Forest Eco-Reserve Hotel Knysna
- Phantom Forest Eco Reserve Knysna