“Awesome rustic seafood lunch”

Freshline Fisheries
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The most unique and affordable seafood restaurant in Knysna with one of the tastiest, fresh seafood menus in the Garden Route. You can choose exactly what style meal you want e.g. rice, salad or chips with your fish, prepared the way you like it: Grilled,Fried or Wes-Kus style. Not licensed so bring your own drinks (BYO) beer, wine etc. No Corkage :)
Durban, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome rustic seafood lunch”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was a blistering hot summer's day and I wanted prawns and nothing else. My dining partner was very agreeable. Scrumptious. Recommended.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Bloemfontein, South Africa
“The best seafood I've ever had”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went as a group of 17, and recieved excellent service. Their seafood was beyond compare and unbelievably well-priced. They don't sell alcohol but are very helpful in providing glasses and ice, as well as opening your bottles for no corkage fee. I had a platter for one, and everything on my plate was scrumptious. The kids played in their sand play area within sight from the tables and atmosphere speakers played golden oldies. They will definitely see us again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Pieter B
Polokwane
“Very good :)”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were 7 people and booked for lunch on the 30th December. All the seafood were really, really sumptuous, ranging from mussels to calamari, kingklip and gurnard. A very informal set-up with a beach feeling. Our bill was only R531 because you can take your own cooler with drinks, making it very affordable. Making a reservation is essential, especially during high season.

Visited December 2013
“ Bad attitude !!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently visited this establishment excited by its reviews. . Unfortunately we were met by a waitress with a seriously bad attitude who explained to us that they were fully booked, we were on our way out when pne of the patrons indicated that they were leaving and that we could use their table, seeing tlno waiting list, we approached the same waitress with the enquiry. Only to be ubruptly told that their kitchen closes at 8 and that they won't be able to assist. So not only are the waitress rude, the kitchen closes at 8? They treay there patrons as if they are a nuisance dont waste your time!!!

1 Thank James V
FreshlineFisheries, Owner at Freshline Fisheries, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear James v,
I was extremely upset to see the content of your review. I apologize most profusely for the manner in which my staff treated you. This is the first time I have ever had this type of response and I assure you it will be the last.
Please, if you are still in Knysna or you return at sometime I would be very grateful if you would give us another chance - on the house. Please feel free to contact me personally, or forward me your number so as I can apologize personally.
Regards
Ron Pocock
tel 0824476937
Johannesburg
“Avoid”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

After accepting our dinner booking, we were called by the manager about 6 hours later (and 2 hours before the reservation time) to be told that they no longer have a booking for us. Feels like we were bumped in favour of a local or something equally fishy. They won't see us again.

1 Thank Clivep1
Dear Clivep 1,
I have seen your and James V`s review. I apologize for for my staffs behaviour and assure you that it has never happened before. I am sorry you had to experience this and appreciate your input so as to ensure nothing of this nature ever happens again.
Please contact me personally so that I can apologize, and invite you to please come again - on the house, so that we can show you that we pride ourselves as being one of the best.
Hoping for another chance.
Regards