“wow Nice”

Southern Yachting Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Our sailing activities include offshore learn-to-sail adventures in Knysna as well as yachting skippers courses. Recommended for adventure seeking individuals, couples or family outings, corporate team building and offshore sailing training on the Garden Route, South Africa.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We left KYC and then on to the Knysna heads on a fabulous Yacht doing a two day" Lets go sailing" course. There the Instructor explained the history of the heads and the Piquita wreck and told us great sailing stories. I learned the basics of sailing and and am so inspired to continue. The bug has bitten, sailing is such a brilliant thing to learn. I can share it with my family and friends and am even keen to look at a future career in the industry. Highly recommend this school, so great to be able to do this in Knysna!!!

Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Good to have you aboard Guy! Your love for sailing will surely take you across the oceans of the world into the future. We hope to see you aboard our keelyachts again in the Knysna Lagoon and along the Garden Route Coastline between Mossel Bay and St Francis Bay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've always wanted to learn to sail a keel boat/sailing yacht, but it is one of those bucket list items that you just never seem to get around to doing. That was until I poked my head into Garden Route Sailing Adventures. These guys made it so effortless for me, and, before I knew it, I had completed the full course and I now have my SAS Day Skippers Licence! The whole experience was amazing and I met some very cool people along the way. If you are keen to sail, this is a seriously good way to kick things off.

2  Thank Brendon N
Mark O, Owner at Southern Yachting Academy, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Ahoy Brendon! An absolute pleasure having you aboard in Knysna! Your confidence, persistance and spirit for adventure was most refreshing and the rest of the crew thoroughly enjoyed your participation and keenness to `learn the ropes'. You're welcome aboard anytime and thanks for the kind review. `Fair winds' my friend...