“Rang the bell, place was closed after 12 on a Tuesday but the owner brought us home. ”

Bloo Bistro World cafe
Ranked #35 of 172 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bloo Bistro is a Bohemian Wonderland of Color even when preparing one of our meals. We call Bloo Bistro a World Cafe Bar because the owners are both well traveled and wanted to present a Bistro/Lounge/Entertainment Venue, which represents many cultures in the decor. Paul Zeman and Debby Sani have both used creativity to it's fullest which has resulted in a dining space which entertains the eyes and assaults the senses in a mystical yet fun way. The entertainment is varied and always of a superior artistry standard...The food is delicious and interesting selection yet affordable.
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

So I can't say much about the place itself as I have not been in there. We rang the bell but they were closed for a private function. However, the owner, super friendly guy gave us a taxi ride home as it is not easy to get a taxi in this town. We are going back tomorrow. I tried to give the guy some money for the taxi ride but he wouldn't take it. Meaning they are people that have their place for a passion, not for the money.

4  Thank Marijnbax
Paul Z, Owner at Bloo Bistro World cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

Thank you so much...It was a privilege to chat and to take you back to your hotel safely... I still remember that rainy night clearly.... Next time you are in our neck of the woods you must try our yummy food and vibe... Best wishes Paul

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food, service and ambiance excellent! Paul and Debs are excellent hosts and know how to entertain, and make people feel at home. I'll recommend this place to all and sundry. Do yourselves a favour and go to Bloo. You'll walk differently the next day for sure!

3  Thank Louise V
Reviewed March 10, 2014

WOW, from the entrance to the food to the ambiance and decor. The decor is creative. The menu is small, the food is also creative and beautiful delicious. We enjoyed it very much, the music was 80's to our delight, the service excellent. It is cosy and small. The bathroom was a thrill and a must see. Not for those with blinkers on but definitely will be a place to remember and quite romantic too. Every table has it's own little space and decor, lots of fabric and lights. I would recommend it for small groups and to have your party there. We missed the live music! When we travel to Knysna again will definitely eat there again!

3  Thank stluciawilds
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was recently in the Garden route where I used to live for many years. I was taken to Bloo by friends and was very happy to find a venue in Knysna that matches some of the best in Cape town a very interesting inspiring place.

5  Thank TimeMenders
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to give bloo a try and we were very pleased that we did!! When u walk in you're just taken back by the decor, very Moroccan style! Once seated the owner who is very sweet came and explained the menu to us! So many choices for vegetarians which is fantastic! The food is excellent and the atmosphere is amazing. Not just a place for eating but even just popping in for a drink!! Will be back!

4  Thank OffTheBeatAndTrack