“Knysna Log Inn”

Knysna Log-Inn Hotel
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Knysna
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hotel with a difference - rustic and made of wood. My family and I stayed at this family-friendly establishment. The family rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable beds. The location is great as it is in the town and close to the waterfront - all within walking distance. As it was summer a jug of ice was delivered to our room soon after our arrival - thoughtful!!. The staff were very friendly and the wholesome breakfast catered for every need.

Room Tip: As there are no lifts - a room on the first floor is advised if you're struggling with stairs
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Marti D, General Manager at Knysna Log-Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Suraja69

Thank you ever so much for your wonderful review of the Knysna Log-Inn Hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Knysna Log-Inn hotel.

I have to agree with you... the wood does make a difference! and I can also still remember the first time I stood in the impressive foyer - WOW!!

The ice water - well... a little ice goes a long way towards making life a bit better.

I do hope we will have the privilege to welcome you and your family back to the Knysna Log-Inn in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Well its not the location which is right in the middle of town minutes drive from the marina. Its not because the staff is extremely nice or the fact that the breakfast by far the best that I had in our trip to south africa especially for the vegetarians. Its not the lovely flowers near the car park or the amazing artwork that they have on sale throughout the hotel. It is because the moment you enter here you are taken back the architecture and the history. Its because of the funny hallway which makes you twist from left to right with each twist showing a photo of the place back in time. Its the lovely rooms with the good ol wooden beds and the long bed posts. The jar of biscuits is such a nice touch and the bathrooms are fantastic. We only spent a night but it was a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marti D, General Manager at Knysna Log-Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Vivek_Jois

Thank you for your very, very, very wonderful review of the Knysna Log-Inn Hotel. I might have to ask you with help on my responses to these review, because your writing style is amazing and I have a bit of a problem with that...
But, I do agree, the Knysna Log-Inn hotel just "has" it - all of it!! Our location could have been better, if we could have been on a high cliff overlooking the sea where wild waves break on black jutting rocks - but, alas, Knysna is not close enough to the sea... but being in the heart of Knysna and within walking distance to many attractions, is not a bad place to be.

With the yellowwood, the owners, and builders, of the Knysna Log-Inn, tried to keep the woodcutting history and the Knysna forest alive. The one owner was a train enthusiast and thus the funny hallway - which gives you the feeling of walking on a train.

You will just have to come and stay again - I absolutely loved your review! India is not all that far away nowadays........

Wishing you a splendiferous 2014

Reviewed December 4, 2013

As we were driving through the middle of town, we saw a huge wooden building. It was our hotel! Inside was so rustic and cozy. The staff and management were wonderfully friendly and helpful. I was very excited when I walked into our room and saw a jar of home made cookies. What a pleasant surprise. In all my travels, I have never seen that before! Really nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Passionate -gardener

Thank you for your awesome review of the Knysna Log-Inn Hotel. I must agree, the wood give the place such a great and cozy vibe. I can still remember my first impression of the foyer - WOW!! and after working here for many years, every now and again, I still get that feeling.
The cookies..... wel... that is "Aunt Hilda's" recipe. She has retired, but her legacy lives on in the cookies. Some of our regulars request on booking the room that we remove those, as they just cannot resist eating every single one of them and sometimes the scales does not like that.....

I do hope you have met our "wooden pets" - if not - well, you will just have to return in 2014 and meet them!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here two nights on a recent trip. Nice woodwork! Good location minutes away from the marina. Room itself was good sized and adequately decorated, kept very clean and the bathroom was (marble!) clean too. The breakfast was varied and good and the staff were nice enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nush 7

Thank you for your review of the Knysna Log-Inn hotel. It is always good to hear that our guests enjoyed staying at the Knysna Log-Inn Hotel. The woodwork is really something, and I do hope you have met our "wooden pets"??? The carvings of the elephant, bat-eared fox and of course ET - Oh no!!! you are way too young to know about ET! If you missed those, you will just have to come back and meet them!

The staff at the Knysna Log-Inn really work hard to ensure that the rooms are clean and the breakfast great - seeing that it is supposedly the most important meal of the day.

Have a great Christmas and New Year and an awesome 2014

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This had to be one of the best breakfast of our 3 week trip, all the staff we very friendly, if possible try for a room overlooking the car park at the rear of the building as it can be a little bit noisy at the front. we had a room at the back so sleeping was not a problem.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear "Party of 8" oh sorry - I mean Barry S

Thank you for your kind review of the Knysna Log-Inn hotel.
I must agree, the breakfast is awesome, but it is easy to have a good breakfast with all the great, fresh, products we have in SA and in Knysna.. The Kitchen staff, working behind the scenes and not in the eye, really go out of their way to ensure you get everything as fresh and tasty as possible. The windows on the street side are double glazed and this takes away most of the noise - but a glass of excellent red wine or fine whiskey goes a long way to making those noises still filtering through, tolerable - and we do have great wines in South Africa!!

Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and an awesome 2014.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was the fourth stop off our cross Cape tour and certainly lived up to expectation. Hotel is modern, spacious and in an ideal location between the main street and the superb marina area. Staff are just so friendly and helpful and the small poolside area made for a good afternoon's r and r. Breakfast excellent and a well stocked bar to boot so really can reccommend to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Blackall_12

Thank you for your awesome review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel lived up to your expectation. It is easy being friendly when you have great guests, like yourselves, staying at your hotel (tee-hee) and I must admit, most people on holiday and staying at the hotel are easy to relate to as it seems the hotel just has that kind of magic.......

I do hope the recommendation of the hotel will include playing "tour guide" and showing your friends and family how it is supposed to be done in Knysna, next to our pool with a ice cold beer or crisp white wine in the hand!

Have a great Christmas and New Year and a splendiferous 2014

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Every single thing about the hotel was perfect and stunning, loved it, will go back again for sure. Pure cleanliness, lovely staff, yummy fresh food, perfect in every way. We left 5 jackets behind and they called us and kept it for us. Thankyou

Room Tip: Keep it up and thank you
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kimtdx

Thank you for your review of the Knysna Log-Inn hotel. I noticed that you have been travelling quite a bit - something like 52 cities!!!?? So you know what it is all about. I must say, my housekeeping staff are excellent and they look after the rooms. And regarding the breakfast - the "experts" say it is the most important meal of the day! And , as far as I am concerned, it might as well be good - no GREAT!

Hope to see you at the Knysna Log-Inn hotel soon in 2014